Lather Shots

Keep it up! That post allowed me to learn more about semogue brushes. I absolutely adore their boar brush(currently only have one)

@silver I've also own another fantastic Semogue brushes which are the 1800 & SOC boar and be very patience you will be rewarded with a great blossoming once it get fully broken in ;) that's about all also stay right away from painted handles their no bloody good after a while when the paint start peeling apart and it looks crappy like you've kill the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, being new to wet shaving I had been concentrating on technique with the razor and after seeing the photo's in here I realised I needed to spend some more time on the lather. I think I am making progress but the photo's in this thread are giving me a bad case of lather envy!
That's how I started too. Thanks to all others here, I have learnt a lot as well. But good lather is definitely important for a good shave.

@silver I've also own another fantastic Semogue brushes which are the 1800 & SOC boar and be very patience you will be rewarded with a great blossoming once it get fully broken in ;) that's about all also stay right away from painted handles their no bloody good after a while when the paint start peeling apart and it looks crappy like you've kill the handle.

I have to agree with you. Boar brushes are amazing, I have come to really love great boar brushes. It will handle anything I give it.

Oh no that's not good! Glad the SOC doesn't have that problem.

Another boar for you @silver
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Semogue 610 (you are correct @SpeedyPC ) lathering some Shaver Heaven Citrus Garden.

I have to agree with you. Boar brushes are amazing, I have come to really love great boar brushes. It will handle anything I give it.

Oh no that's not good! Glad the SOC doesn't have that problem.

@silver if you plan to buy another Semogue Boar brush just get either a natural wood or acrylic handles or just grab a 620 or 830 ;)

Any way once again back to lather shot topic because I can't stop licking my computer screen ever time I see another FAT HUGE ice cream