Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
At the risk of incuring the wrath of Drubbing for being a fanboi - Italian soaps really are fantastic.

Used Cella with my Simpson Chubby on Sunday - fantastic.

Monday to Wednesday was a little warmer down here in Canberra so I broke out the Proraso and my 1305. Love the rush when applying the lather for the second pass :eek:mg:

Today it was a little overcast this morning so I broke out the P.160. WOW, that wonderful almond smell that I would have thought I hated but have grown to love.

Magnifico!

Mark - or Marco in Italian :laugh:

Last edited:
Here we go. F......gondeliers, fat dudes singing arias from Puccini operas and everything stinking of almonds. If I had to associate soaps with a country of origin it's Germany. Speick, Tabac soap and cream. Oh and gimme October fest and Beethoven's string quartets anyday.

Where's my ban stick?

I've been using P160 the last couple of weeks and it's pretty good. Still think I prefer Cella, which is just as well.

You must tell me how you get Cella in a Chubby and mine might come off the market (but I doubt it).

Here we go. F......gondeliers, fat dudes singing arias from Puccini operas and everything stinking of almonds. If I had to associate soaps with a country of origin it's Germany. Speick, Tabac soap and cream. Oh and gimme October fest and Beethoven's string quartets anyday.

Speick and Tabac - sensational! My travel and winter staples

I confess that I do love a little opera (Google 'O mio babbino caro' - one of my favourite arias or if you can't be bothered here is the first one that came up for me - tell me it isn't amazing!)

Where's my ban stick?

Did you leave it in the gulag Comrade Drubbing?

I've been using P160 the last couple of weeks and it's pretty good. Still think I prefer Cella, which is just as well.

I think that they are both great. I'd give it to P.160 by a nose and I have a fair chunk of a kilo left - but I will not be slashing my wrists when it is gone.

You must tell me how you get Cella in a Chubby and mine might come off the market (but I doubt it).

Ummm, soak brush, flick out excess, stick into red Cella tub and swirl around until it is loaded. I don't care if you swirl clockwise or anti-clockwise or 5, 10 or 50 times. Whatever it takes to get the brush well loaded and if excess water and lather comes out so be it. I've stopped trying to be 'efficient' and not waste this stuff - you don't need to be and still remain in front of carts.

Ummm, soak brush, flick out excess, stick into red Cella tub and swirl around until it is loaded. I don't care if you swirl clockwise or anti-clockwise or 5, 10 or 50 times. Whatever it takes to get the brush well loaded and if excess water and lather comes out so be it. I've stopped trying to be 'efficient' and not waste this stuff - you don't need to be and still remain in front of carts.

Yeah, I tried that and I still get frothy shit or claggy soap.

Yeah, I tried that and I still get frothy shit or claggy soap.

I'm not trying to make the lather in the tub as much as get soap onto the brush to face lather.

Maybe you are just not getting into the 'feel' of the thing. Try playing some Puccini in the background and channelling Marco as you lather :laugh:

Neither am I. I'm just trying to get enough friggin soap in the friggin brush.

Well maybe PM Marco for some personalised advice :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously I can't think I'm doing anything special but I'll give it a run this morning and be more observant.

EDIT: I paid more attention to what I was doing this morning and apart from realising that I probably have way too much soap on the brush I can't see anything magical I'm doing - it just works for me. Sorry I can't be of more help

Last edited:
EDIT: I paid more attention to what I was doing this morning and apart from realising that I probably have way too much soap on the brush I can't see anything magical I'm doing - it just works for me. Sorry I can't be of more help

You should probably buy a back up then...

Neither am I. I'm just trying to get enough friggin soap in the friggin brush.

I suspect we may be having a terminology difficulty here. What Lord and allmighty moderator Drubbing means by lather, I suspect, is enough foam to make him dissappear from view, the rest of us normals (and yes just this once I will include you Mark) are happy with some suds to wipe across our face a couple of times.
I hope this helps.

Glen

You should probably buy a back up then...

You mean a brush that will not work with Cella like mine does even in the experienced hand of Comrade Drubbing (who will remain Comrade Drubbing until my avatar changes)?

Hmmm, let me think about that......

Maybe I could offer you $20 since it is so clearly damaged?

I suspect we may be having a terminology difficulty here. What Lord and allmighty moderator Drubbing means by lather, I suspect, is enough foam to make him dissappear from view, the rest of us normals (and yes just this once I will include you Mark) are happy with some suds to wipe across our face a couple of times.
I hope this helps.

Glen

Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence. Haven't been called normal around here for a while :)

I do like to get a lather as it shows on the box.....

The Cella Drubbing gave to me is impressing me.

The Proraso Mark is that the soap or the cream you are using?

I'll give you $21 for that damaged Chubby Drubbing :)

Have you tried swearing at the soap in Italian Drubbing? Maybe it is not understanding you when you are trying to lather it up with the chubby?

The Cella Drubbing gave to me is impressing me.

The Proraso Mark is that the soap or the cream you are using?

I'll give you $21 for that damaged Chubby Drubbing :)

Have you tried swearing at the soap in Italian Drubbing? Maybe it is not understanding you when you are trying to lather it up with the chubby?

Yeah Cella is a great soap, Puccini, gondeliers and corrupt Serie A clubs notwithstanding. Proraso's good too. Never knew they did a soap version. Regardless of my two year stock of other soaps/creams I'm in no hurry to buy any other. I'll gladly have an ongoing stock of Cella. If I only really loved the smell of almonds but as it is I can't even stand those little biscottis they put alongside your cup of coffee.