How to choose a soap from Shaver Heaven

Out of curiosity, how different are the different Shaver Heaven formulations? To my knowledge you've got the standard formulation, palm-free formulation and the silk smooth one, how do they compare? Also does the old metal tin of Aladdin I purchased off of @MrT have an older, discontinued formulation?
By the way, Aladdin smells fucking incredible and I want something edible to taste like how it smells so badly; so great job on that.

@pyrokov Thank you! Aladdin is one of the few scents that doesn't get much love sadly.

The very latest formulation can be found in the Arctic Mango, and that's the formulation I will be running with going forward.

See I'm the type that can't just sit there and say "Ok, got the formula right I'm set let's mass produce". I'm constantly looking for ways to improve on the formulation. Sometimes for the best, sometimes for yhe worst.

With the palm free I got rather positive feedback but then I had the die hard saying how much they liked the original formula.

So the new one I'm using on Arctic Mango is a modified original formula.

It can also be found in the Drogon Noir and will slowly make its way across the board.

Damn old metal tins. That goes back quite a while when I first started lol! With the stickers that weren't waterproof. Lol.

I just released an Aladdin balm as I also had a customer asking me if I would please make one as he loved the scent so much.

Thank you for the feedback! Appriciate it [emoji4]

Shaver Heaven Aladdin is the absolute best scent! If you haven't got it you should get some guys. Also the balm smells every bit as good as the soap and is also an awesome product. You only need very little of it as it goes a long way. I would think that one bottle is going to last a long time.

Do yourselves a favor, get the Aladdin soap and also the matching Aladdin balm!

@Hocky27 the Spiced Mahogany scent is awesome!

So far I like all of the scents that I have got from Shaver Heaven. Some I like a little bit more than others but there isn't any that I would say I don't like.

As to answer the question in the title of this thread, all of them!

My question is why doesn't Shaver heaven sell refill soap IF I wanted to keep the container or shave soap bowl, why keep buy a new one when their is nothing wrong with Shaver Heaven container and you can still buy the refill soap

My question is why doesn't Shaver heaven sell refill soap IF I wanted to keep the container or shave soap bowl, why keep buy a new one when their is nothing wrong with Shaver Heaven container and you can still buy the refill soap
Because it's hot process soap would be my guess.

Hi All,

It's a good question. First off, yes, the soap is "hot process" and once the saponification process is completed the soap is placed into the tubs at hot temperature and allowed to set and cure within the actual tubs.

In terms of making refills, it has crossed my mind, however, this would take additional time to create, and I'd have to find a suitable mold to create the pucks and then have customers "press" them into their existing bowls.

In terms of cost reduction @nsavage is correct. This would not do much price wise as it would actually take me longer to use the molds than to create the soap in tubs.

If I was creating a solid soap ie. Cold Process style, then I could see how a refill would be a better alternative, but given this is a semi soft soap, even creating a puck would be a challenge. I think this question (re: Why don't you make refills) can be applied to most artisans out there who are creating similar consistency soap as us.

In terms of the packaging, it is sourced locally from Synergy Pack (details are on the bottom of the tub). They are made of recyclable PET plastic, so the tubs are actually recyclable after use if you're not going to use the tub any more.

Hope that helps.
Regards,

Anthony

@Anthony final question....What does your gut tell you YES or NO? to refill soaps and I fully understand above.
I'm guessing the answer will be a no. It sounds like the additional labour for creating a refill puck will drive the price of the soap up, rather than down. I remember seeing a wholesaler selling his old tubs, and they were probably only $1 each in a bulk purchase, I suspect the new tubs would only cost a little more. Even ignoring the labour surcharge, I'd happily pay $1 more to get my soap in a recyclable big tub and not have to mould the puck into a container by hand. I could see refill pucks (or a small tub edition) being a thing in the future for exported Shaver Heaven soaps to save on shipping (if it actually makes a difference), but for us Aussies that's not a concern with the very easy to achieve $70 free shipping mark.

Drogon Noir arrived today!!!

My son was keen to try it too so we lathered up together, him on his boar / me on my cheap @rse ebay badger.
Both lathered up nicely but his boar seemed to produce a much nicer slicker lather!!!
Geez.... I need Auspost to get their fingers out and deliver my new olivewood handles ASAP ~ I've got 2 nice knots sitting ready to go!!!

The Drogon Noir smells great though, definitely recommend it :)