Hi from Port Stephens

Thanks @Gargravarr, the Blackland razors interested me in a number of ways including their exceptional quality, wasn't sure of models so will have a look at the Vector and Sabre
The Vector is commonly believed to be the best and most attractive Artist Club Razor on the market, and it seems most people who have one really like it, which explains why they so rarely appear for sale second-hand. The Sabre on the other hand has a few polarised opinions. I love mine, and use it about as frequently as I do the Vector, but @Errol gave it a bit of a half-hearted review, possibly because of his problematic relationship with the GEM blade format.

If you want to stick to DE, I don't think anyone here has a bad word to say about the Blackbird, though I haven't tried it myself.

Welcome @wiiiildbill ...

... although I remain suspicious of a bearded wet shaver - do the job properly man and take it all off!!

I have to say some times I agree @Mark1966, because the beard is short it makes for more difficult shaving trying to get the line ups right ... but then it is a thing of grace and beauty and that makes it all worth while :happy: