Hi, from Perth

Not a huge collector
Guys.... @Garry357 needs a huge rabbit hole.

giphy.gif

Welcome to P&C @Garry357 - great to have you here (y)

What is your favourite setup?

Welcome to P&C @Garry357 - great to have you here (y)

What is your favourite setup?
British Rocket Flare Tip is my favourite.
also have the British Rocket HD & Gillette King C.
I did have a couple of other generic 3 piece razors over the years but lost them. I want to try either a shavette straight but not sure if I can get used to them. I had a shavette about 35 years ago but couldn’t use it, not sure what happened to it.
i use Proraso creams, Red, Blue, Green and the Yellow. Although the Palmolive green with coconut is very nice. We dont have much choice in Perth and anything online can be expensive with postage.
The Jack the Barber sandalwood is a nice traditional scent similar to the Wahl traditional barber cream from ShaverShop.

I have a British Rocket MD and it's one of my all time favourites. I'm shaving with my Red Tip this week, though I don't think it's as good as the Rocket HD or MD.

Hi, everyone,
I have been wet shaving around 40 years. Not a huge collector, I have a few Vintage Gillette razors.
Welcome @Garry357 I see you have a few vintage Gillette's and use Proraso.
What about your brush and blades?

Welcome @Garry357 I see you have a few vintage Gillette's and use Proraso.
What about your brush and blades?
I have the one synthetic brush, I did have an older Boar but the knot broke up so had to let it go. Many years ago I had Old Spice & Ever ready brushes but over time misplaced them.
with blades I currently have a pack of 100 Astra platinum Green.
I really enjoy my morning shave, however being 57 I’m not caught up on the latest craze of razor or brush.
I prefer anything vintage.
I often think about who had the razor before me and the emotions he had at the time, he most likely used the razor I have today, the morning of his son/daughter wedding and probably sadder times.

Welcome. I know Perth is a laid back place. I had a friend who used to pastor in Perth. He was used to the hustle and bustle of the big cities and Perth was a shock at first. He loved it. I'm glad you joined us.

I have the one synthetic brush, I did have an older Boar but the knot broke up so had to let it go. Many years ago I had Old Spice & Ever ready brushes but over time misplaced them.
with blades I currently have a pack of 100 Astra platinum Green.
I really enjoy my morning shave, however being 57 I’m not caught up on the latest craze of razor or brush.
I prefer anything vintage.
I often think about who had the razor before me and the emotions he had at the time, he most likely used the razor I have today, the morning of his son/daughter wedding and probably sadder times.
Cheers @Garry357 another 66' baby there are a few of us on the forum as you can tell by some handles
Do you have a Birthyear Gillette Slim ie: mine is L1 L (1966) 1 (Q1) made in the same year and quarter I was born
I'm 57 but still get caught up on the latest craze but slowly weening myself off the cool aid

Cheers @Garry357 another 66' baby there are a few of us on the forum as you can tell by some handles
Do you have a Birthyear Gillette Slim ie: mine is L1 L (1966) 1 (Q1) made in the same year and quarter I was born
I'm 57 but still get caught up on the latest craze but slowly weening myself off the cool aid
Hi @Holiday - I'm Oct 65, so 58 in 4 weeks. My British Gillette's don't have the date codes, so must be late 1950's. Like most people always on the lookout for a date year TTO - (K4)

Hi @Holiday - I'm Oct 65, so 58 in 4 weeks. My British Gillette's don't have the date codes, so must be late 1950's. Like most people always on the lookout for a date year TTO - (K4)
Good luck with your hunt after a Flare Tip and a Slim then?
Plenty on eBay USA ;)
Now it's out there someone on the forum may have one to sell (y)

Good luck with your hunt after a Flare Tip and a Slim then?
Plenty on eBay USA ;)
Now it's out there someone on the forum may have one to sell (y)
Thanks mate, some real bargains on US eBay. Very tempting :)