Gold Dollar

@HereForTheEdge Rings a bell. Name sounds very familiar. Do you recognise this?

GD3_zpsomoy7uwr.jpg

@HereForTheEdge Rings a bell. Name sounds very familiar. Do you recognise this?

GD3_zpsomoy7uwr.jpg

Yup, I sure do, it was my first attempt at electro-etching, and about my 5th modded GD. I think you messaged me asking if I used tape because you wanted to touch the blade up a little (have bought a better finisher since then), I really liked that razor, only decided to sell it because I have too many, and I can't keep them all.

Way too much time went into that spine and tang, I learnt you will never get rich doing GD mods.

Last edited:
Yep I agree, there really isn't anything in modding and honing, I might throw a couple up myself. I do it to keep my hobby alive. I could only do so much with the razors that I have. I though buffers and belt sanders were expensive until I got into the addiction of Jnats. Keep up the good work.

@Mark 's enabling strikes again, via the old trusty Gold Dollar

....not sure why this one kind of stepped me back a bit, s'pose I've never seen a woman shaving her face before truth be told

P.S. she's got great taste in soap that's for certain

@Mark 's enabling strikes again, via the old trusty Gold Dollar

....not sure why this one kind of stepped me back a bit, s'pose I've never seen a woman shaving her face before truth be told

P.S. she's got great taste in soap that's for certain
lol, well here are the original videos, kindly done for me by my good friend Ray

Great thread. Really enjoyed reading it. Still don't have the courage to try a straight though.

@marks Razors are the best! Recently purchased another off him (Golden Monkey), man oh man! Very happy, and not a bad looking razor!
The scales on the FM seem to be nicer than the GD scales.

@marks Razors are the best! Recently purchased another off him (Golden Monkey), man oh man! Very happy, and not a bad looking razor!

Times have changed!!! Go the Funky Monkey!

I know, I know, love my Keen razor I got from @Mark . She's a beauty!

Also got a Chinese hack of my own on it's way. Shame though I missed out on the Monkey, I wanted the Monkey, and even the older nicer dollar "66" looks better. Nah it seems I got me the Gold Plain Jane :(

I know, I know, love my Keen razor I got from @Mark . She's a beauty!

Also got a Chinese hack of my own on it's way. Shame though I missed out on the Monkey, I wanted the Monkey, and even the older nicer dollar "66" looks better. Nah it seems I got me the Gold Plain Jane :(
I'm positive for a tenner, @Mark would be pleased to pimp it for you :)