Fresh face...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jansy

Hey guys, just started DE shaving about 2 weeks ago...absolutely loving it! I'm 38, how come I haven't this earlier!!
Open to all advice.
Tools:
- MerKur 34C
-Persona blade
-Proraso green soap
-Proraso pre cream
-Proraso green splash
-Nivea sensitive balm
-Omega boar brush

Welcome.

Advice: keep using what you have got, get your lather consistent, get your blade angle & pressure (none) right.

Plenty of goodies to be had once you master your current tools.

Welcome aboard mate! That's a very solid starting line-up. My advice would be to get a vintage Gillette New or Gillette Tech ASAP.

Welcome aboard mate!

Nice set up - as @Monsta_AU said stick with it for a while until you get into the groove then go your hardest!

Great starter kit right there. Can only reinforce what the boss (@Monsta_AU ) said. Get to know your stuff, get to know your face. There will be time enough to chase the next shiny and smelly thing. I predict if you're still an active member here in 6 months there will be much (understatement) pursuit of those things, more things!

Last edited:
Welcome and I absolutely agree: great starting line-up!

Welcome. That is a good starter kit you have. Almost identical to what I started with. I still love the Merkur 34C and use it more often than not.

I predict you will end up like the rest of us with more soap and razors than you can ever use in a lifetime of shaving, but you will have great fun discovering new things :)

Hey there Jansy! Great to have you join in. Congrats on "discovering" wet shaving. There's many adventures awaiting you, but stick with what you have for a couple of months. It's worth it in the long haul getting your technique down solid.

Where do you currently reside? Check out the "Social Squad" section of the website for when there is a wet shaving meet up in your city/town.

Welcome aboard,

It appears you have a preference for menthol. As others have mentioned it's a great starting kit you have.

The gents here are full of advice do don't be shy if you have any questions

Hi Jansy. Welcome mate. That's a really nice line up that you've got there.

The Merkur 34C was my first DE razor and it still holds a very special place in my line up. Proraso is great stuff too.

You will get a lot of good common sense advice plus some from these guys. Looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome @Jansy !

Merkur + Omega + Proraso.....my goodness you've gone for the classic beginners combo (which is a compliment). FWIW after spending oodles of coin on Tajik Snow Squirrel brushes, rare blades that NASA made underneath the Polar icecaps and dozens of Kickstarter razors you'll realise you could shave the rest of your life pretty happily with what you already have. The Proraso soap is the weakest link in your chain BUT as others have said for many moons the real weak link will prolly be your technique. Anyway great to have you onboard.

Cheers, Nick

Welcome mate.

Keep an eye on the BST for good soap combos.

I'll be thinning the soap draw soon, so will keep you in mind when picking some items. Will be a broad range of scents and brands (all good stuff, but just the things I'm not using much at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.