European Straights from Japan

StueyB

I'll take a Henckels off you for $10 @StueyB - you'd even make a profit!

Well the Henckels ended up selling for 7910円 (about $87). I had a 5000円 limit (imposed by SWMBO).

One interesting thing about the Japanese Auction site is that the auction time increase by 30 seconds (I think) every time someone bids. So you can use sniping software to jump in at the last moment as the auction will continue until all bidders have reached their limit.

Well the Henckels ended up selling for 7910円 (about $87). I had a 5000円 limit (imposed by SWMBO).

One interesting thing about the Japanese Auction site is that the auction time increase by 30 seconds (I think) every time someone bids. So you can use sniping software to jump in at the last moment as the auction will continue until all bidders have reached their limit.
That actually sounds like a good idea. It's how real auctions run after all.
Although it does take away the bluffing aspect of a real auction too.

I like it, but have been caught in the heat of the moment and thrill of the chase and ended up paying more than I really wanted to for a couple of items in the past.

But it does give you that last chance to decide you really do want it which ebay doesn't give you.

The YSS Smiley looks amazing, but I bet honing them well is expert territory. Heck, even stropping them could be more skill intensive than a straight cutting edge.

Wonder what our resident honemeister can tell us?