December 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Santa came early :)

8SAj5zEh.jpg

g0V0pWVh.jpg

dql8vmSh.jpg
Nice!

D1-E26-BA9-42-B6-4-E93-B79-A-128027-ECA455.jpg

Mail call today and right on time before Christmas, a Blackbird polished Lite-based plate for my standard Blackbird razor.

Looking forward to this shave and seeing how much edge feels toned down from the standard original Blackbird based plate.

@klinker did you get your Lite-based plate, how did you like yours, feedback, please.

Last edited:
D1-E26-BA9-42-B6-4-E93-B79-A-128027-ECA455.jpg

Mail call today and right on time before Christmas, a Blackbird Polish Lite based plate for my standard Blackbird razor.

Looking forward to this shave and see how much edge feels toned down from the standard original Blackbird based plate.

@klinker did you get your Lite based plate, how did you like yours, feedback please.
I’ll be interested in your findings @SpeediePC. I reread the review on the Blackbird and seen that I liked Blackbird in its standard form. Based on that I haven’t raced into buying either the plate or complete razor. Pleas let us know your thoughts.

I’ll be interested in your findings @SpeediePC. I reread the review on the Blackbird and seen that I liked Blackbird in its standard form. Based on that I haven’t raced into buying either the plate or complete razor. Pleas let us know your thoughts.
I will and I'll bet the Blackbird Lite-based plate might probably feel like the Vector-type level, I'll be shaving the Lite-based plate either on Boxing Day or after Boxing Day.

Last edited:
No photo, but shaved this afternoon with the Karve Overlander. Yeah boi, this is right in my zone. Smooth, pretty efficient, not a deathly amount of blade exposure. I can tell this is a keeper for me.

This arrived in hand earlier than I thought - I was anticipating for my birthday next year not Christmas -

rvbpB3Ql.jpg

hbLYVMfl.jpg

Heritage II Shaving Brush - by Morris & Forndran (Pre-Owned)

Approximate Measurements:
Knot: Lee Sabini Hand Tied Blonde Badger
Knot Size: 28mm
Knot Loft: 55mm
Total Brush Height: 100mm

'Tracing its lineage back to the Lee Sabini-designed Rooney era 2XL Stubby, the current generation Morris & Forndran 2XL is made entirely by hand hearkening back to the days when fine hand craftsmanship reigned supreme.

The Heritage II 2XL is filled with the luxurious hand-tied Morris & Forndran Heritage II "Blonde" badger'.

Read more on the Heritage II "Blonde" badger here.

This brush is in Ivory Resin with a Tortoiseshell resin belt.

EDIT - with massive thanks to @Holiday for the tip off that enabled this!

Last edited:
This arrived in hand earlier than I thought - I was anticipating for my birthday next year not Christmas -

rvbpB3Ql.jpg

hbLYVMfl.jpg

'Tracing its lineage back to the Lee Sabini-designed Rooney era 2XL Stubby, the current generation Morris & Forndran 2XL is made entirely by hand hearkening back to the days when fine hand craftsmanship reigned supreme.

The Heritage II 2XL is filled with the luxurious hand-tied Morris & Forndran Heritage II "Blonde" badger'.

Wowsers - congratulations!

rvbpB3Ql.jpg

hbLYVMfl.jpg

I was wondering when that would make its debut here. A truly beautiful brush :love:

rvbpB3Ql.jpg

hbLYVMfl.jpg

Beautiful brush @Mark1966, hope it lathers as good as it looks (y) :) (y)

rvbpB3Ql.jpg

hbLYVMfl.jpg

simply amazing :)

Time to crack the Christmas cache. Not sure this tactic of holding out to Christmas is working because I seem to supplement the den with other desirables while waiting ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Thanks to P&C Charity Auction 2022, my loving family, and a few international purchases that were too good to pass up.

9TVHmL8.jpg

Damn brushes have been breeding again, worst than rabbits :)

Time to crack the Christmas cache. Not sure this tactic of holding out to Christmas is working because I seem to supplement the den with other desirables while waiting ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Thanks to P&C Charity Auction 2022, my loving family, and a few international purchases that were too good to pass up.

9TVHmL8.jpg

Damn brushes have been breeding again, worst than rabbits :)

WOW!!!

Some picture!

Platypig

Matilda

Timmerman

Pretty impressive

WOW!!!

Some picture!

Platypig

Matilda

Timmerman

Pretty impressive

... and I missed the M7 Simpson!

In my defence I was on my phone, but WOW, what a haul ...

... and I missed the M7 Simpson!

In my defence I was on my phone, but WOW, what a haul ...
With success of the G5C knot I am no longer avoiding synths but will swap out for G5C if not to my liking
You have now real size brushes...no need to play around with small toys like the M7 ;)
eAIKccm.jpg

Speaking of little toys