Bye all!

Not sure how much has rubbed off but doing the Oxford High Performance Leadership Programme is going to look pretty good on the CV and really was a pretty amazing experience in a lot of different ways. SOOO pleased that I received a scholarship that allowed me to attend.

But that is over now. Tourist until Wednesday. At the IWM - Duxford today then back to London for more sightseeing there.

happy shaving folks!

Duxford!!! Tally HO! Chocks away ginger! And all that jolly sort of thing

Duxford!!! Tally HO! Chocks away ginger! And all that jolly sort of thing

Indeed!

Just to show I was on task though ...

See - there are razors everywhere! This was part of the offer to men flying at the time.

You would not be able to get it on a plane now!

Why didn't I bring a DE with me since I was bring checked luggage?

Well the majority of the time I've had basins like this in the applicable accommodation:

with the one at Oxford having a glass shelf inconveniently under the mirror and about two inches above the spout - further complicating things.

In my current London B&B my eye level facing the sink is here:

So I'm bending over in a confirmed space to even see my face in the mirror.

In such circumstances why even bother to think you will have an enjoyable shave!

In other news - razors spotted in the Churchill War Rooms -

So what can people see? I fascinated to know if they are legitimately belonging to the people in question or just 'of the time' props.

BTW - apologies for the poor pics - people with audio guides have NO manners ....

The War Rooms were very interesting. Thankfully we had a closed tour when we went - one benefit of MoD being a party to the conference I suspect ;) I also suspect they are period pieces only….

Yeah I couldn't be without a DE esp. when travelling now. I need to feel a little bit of home while away. You couldn't source a neat little DE that could double as a souvenir of the trip? Maybe a walk up the Embankment, through Charing Cross and back towards Regent Street and the likes mate. OK they mightn't sell a Weber, but surely there's a curiosity amongst this lot, that'd be a nice reminder of your time in Mother England.

BN-CU739_london_M_20140515124655.jpg

Last edited:
Do you want me to disappoint you @stillshunter and let you know that most of the razors in that shop were carts?

Do you want me to disappoint you @stillshunter and let you know that most of the razors in that shop were carts?
No, instead trade on the lack of detail from the wide angle shot and say there are too many to choose from or the Brits don't do modern as well as vintage when it comes to razors or something, something else. Please allow those who will probably not ever venture outside their state, let alone the country, to dream so widely of these greener pastures.

BTW: I spy a stand of straights to the left of the serving wench (on her right shoulder)…so there must be DEs amongst it…were you so enticed by all the badger that you couldn't see the metal mate?

I guess the robes added another level of difficulty to shaving too? Small basins and big sleeves are a terrible combination

...I spy a stand of straights to the left of the serving wench (on her right shoulder)…so there must be DEs amongst it…

Yes there were all sorts there.

I guess the robes added another level of difficulty to shaving too? Small basins and big sleeves are a terrible combination

Nah, you get used to that :)

BTW: I spy a stand of straights to the left of the serving wench (on her right shoulder)

I can see a disapproving glare from 12000km away for that comment Stills. I would suggest more matron-like than wench.

Hey anyone heard from our Man in Oxford @Mark1966 yet? I assume he's touched down on Terra Firma again here in sunny, but oh so boring, Canberra by now. Hope his well.
Coooooooeeeeeee

Hey anyone heard from our Man in Oxford @Mark1966 yet? I assume he's touched down on Terra Firma again here in sunny, but oh so boring, Canberra by now. Hope his well.
Coooooooeeeeeee
Yeah, our head honchos are hiving off on the job. Ole' @Mark1966 and @Monsta_AU must be up to no good...

Coooooooeeeeeee
You must realise that on his return from a lengthy trip @Mark1966 must dust, shine and talk gently to all 9,468 vintage gillettes (and when that is over he speaks to his family). It takes time :)

Well I'm back!

What a funny few days - a shave diary:

Last shave in London on Wednesday:

Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: Euro Palmolive Stick
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge 'system'
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge
After-shave: Booster Oriental Spice

Venue:

UGHHH

Arrived home into Canberra on Friday lunch time, shower and shave:

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Mike's Shaving Soaps Hungarian Lavender
Razor: Weber
Blade: Astra SP shave ?
After-shave: Lucky Tiger

Off to MEL that afternoon for a work function. Checked into hotel with my wife after the function at 11:45pm. Been a long day say reception staff, yes I reply, started in London two days ago. Oh sir you need an upgrade, I've put you in our Diplomatic Suite.

Saturday morning shave:

Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: Euro Palmolive Stick
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge 'system'
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge
After-shave: Booster Oriental Spice

Venue (and view):

That would be THIS Diplomatic suite:

Nice upgrade!

Sunday - back home shave as usual

Monday - up early and off to SYD again ...

My head is still spinning but I'm glad to be back!

Did your pet razors miss you?

Surprised your chin hairs are in the one place long enough to have a crack at them with a razor

Checked into hotel with my wife after the function at 11:45pm. Been a long day say reception staff, yes I reply, started in London two days ago. Oh sir you need an upgrade, I've put you in our Diplomatic Suite.

Oh yes, I am going to use that one.... (y)

Venue (and view):

That would be THIS Diplomatic suite:

Yeah, that is a slightly nicer shave den than the one you had in London. Bet the Missus was loving that too.

If there is anything we have now learnt at P&C, it is that the normal pithy forum responses also work well in getting hotel upgrades.