Back to some old favourites.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just found out recently that razorbladesclub are sending to NZ again (and probably Australia too?).
So I went exploring and found one of my old favourites...Winner Platinum, plus the Winner Stainless which I have wanted to try.
Made up a wee order of Winner (both types), Silver Star, and Perma-Sharp (Russia) blades.
The Winner Platinum is as I remember, smooth and long lasting. The Stainless is smooth, but seemed to die quickly...4 shaves and the first one was done. Was getting scritchy (not quite scratchy) by the 5th shave so gave up there. The Platinum still going well at 7 shaves but I always change blades weekly so out it went.
Silver Star and Perma-Sharp are their usual self. Smooth, and long lasting.
I'm a happy camper now that I can get blades from razorbladesclub again. Lots of choices lurking in there...but the Chinesium jobbies didn't tempt me.
Well maybe a London Bridge, or Big Ben might be worth adding a few in next order.
Hope all is well in razor land with all you folks?

when it comes to blades I have enough to pass down to my kids when its my time to exit.. stage.. left :)

in razor land, I am happy to report my razors have not multiplied since my BB purchase, nor has there been any temptation.. I am cured (y)

shaving frequency has dropped from a daily shaver to anywhere between 3-7 days but the love (and satisfaction) of shaving has endured

Modern Perma-sharp blades (in brown box) are amongst my favourites.

If it is alcohol based products, this is common for retailers everywhere, sadly. It makes getting hold of aftershaves really frustrating, particularly when you consider the actual risk involved for the carrier...
It's a ridiculous rule from the US that everybody now follows. That's why if I buy anything from overseas it's either from Italian Barber in Canada or Areffa soap in the Ukraine. They have no problems posting alcohol based aftershaves.

If it is alcohol based products, this is common for retailers everywhere, sadly. It makes getting hold of aftershaves really frustrating, particularly when you consider the actual risk involved for the carrier...
I wasn't even thinking of aftershaves. NZ companies often seen to imagine the world stops at their borders, and won't even provide an option to ship to Australia. Even innocuous things like fridge parts. No more Fisher & Paykel fridges for me... :(

NZ companies often seen to imagine the world stops at their borders, and won't even provide an option to ship to Australia

It comes with being a market a fraction of the size of yours; people here just assume that you can get whatever you want on shore. I reckon if you contacted them, almost all would agree to ship to you. No idea about fridge parts, though... :p

No more Fisher & Paykel fridges for me... :(
Good...they are shyte now.
Production moved to China has made them even worse than before.
Way back we supported NZ products where we could.
Bought a F&P fridge. About a year later it died.
Repair guy found it had lost it's gas. So he removed a back panel (top internal panel actually inside the fridge).
There's a wee pipe running from that panel, goes to the left, and bends forwards to the temp control knob.
Where it bends forwards was a sharp indent and the pipe had fractured there.
Repair guy had seen it before. Said he was at the factory and watched a strapping big Samoan fitting that panel, etc.
When it came to the corner to bend at, the big guy jammed a screwdriver into the pipe to force it in tightly to the corner.
Oh hello, a big dent and flattened pipe at that point.
Same guy had done this for years, and so the repair man knew where to look for the leak.
Said he had told F&P about the problem and how/who was doing it...but they never bothered to sort it out.
They just wanted cheap labour and a guy who sort of knew what he was doing...rather than retrain him, or hire someone else to train.
Mitsubishi or Beko gear for me now, and have never been let down after years of service. They just keep on going.

Good...they are shyte now.
Production moved to China has made them even worse than before.
Way back we supported NZ products where we could.
Bought a F&P fridge. About a year later it died.
Repair guy found it had lost it's gas. So he removed a back panel (top internal panel actually inside the fridge).
There's a wee pipe running from that panel, goes to the left, and bends forwards to the temp control knob.
Where it bends forwards was a sharp indent and the pipe had fractured there.
Repair guy had seen it before. Said he was at the factory and watched a strapping big Samoan fitting that panel, etc.
When it came to the corner to bend at, the big guy jammed a screwdriver into the pipe to force it in tightly to the corner.
Oh hello, a big dent and flattened pipe at that point.
Same guy had done this for years, and so the repair man knew where to look for the leak.
Said he had told F&P about the problem and how/who was doing it...but they never bothered to sort it out.
They just wanted cheap labour and a guy who sort of knew what he was doing...rather than retrain him, or hire someone else to train.
Mitsubishi or Beko gear for me now, and have never been let down after years of service. They just keep on going.
Hmmm, sounds about right. We've had this fridge for about 15 years or so, maybe a bit more. All I wanted was a replacement humidifier thingy for the veg compartment (just a sheet of moulded plastic) but did they even look at the model or serial number? Nope. Did they look at my picture? Nope. They just sent me any old piece of plastic that didn't even remotely fit. It just wasn't worth my trouble remonstrating with them, so I just threw it in the bin. :(