April 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it politely ;)
If he started indiscriminately sending out samples as generously as you do, he might rediscover 1/2 his bathroom and garage :p
But he does!!! He's a generous bloke that @Mark1966 - sends out the Travelling Boxes often loaded with his own supply of soaps (as well as the odd razor or two hey @borked?).

@Nonick loves to swap and sell samples. He's also known to be generous with throwing them in people's directions as freebies.

I think that's one of the beautiful things here at P&C - there's a very generous spirit of sharing, trading and giving. Top work everyone! [emoji106]

But he does!!! He's a generous bloke that @Mark1966 - sends out the Travelling Boxes often loaded with his own supply of soaps (as well as the odd razor or two hey @borked?).

@Nonick loves to swap and sell samples. He's also known to be generous with throwing them in people's directions as freebies.

I think that's one of the beautiful things here at P&C - there's a very generous spirit of sharing, trading and giving. Top work everyone! [emoji106]
Hera, Hear! Well said @filobiblic
...and I have to second a particular point - I have always found @Mark1966 generous to a fault.

@filobiblic and @fault err that didn't work, lets try @stillshunter in lieu...
I know he is and if construed as a serious comment, I will take this opportunity to correct as such and ensure it's know to all and sundry as a friendly jibe and nothing more.
It is his generosity with the PC TB2 that inspired me to seek from Will @Barrister & Mann items to add to the next round (which are patiently awaiting announcement of the next box and enrollment threads creation by him).

@Mark1966 I think someone has a few fans ;)

[blushing]

Ahhh shucks guys, getting all emotional here and maybe, just maybe, tearing up a bit ...

Where is @Drubbing to keep us all grounded.

Fear not you Happy Clapping Bean Counting Canberra Dwelling Miserable Sod - I may not be posting in SOTD but will still dive in as needed. :)

PHEW!

Praise God for GT to keep me grounded ;)

[blushing]

Ahhh shucks guys, getting all emotional here and maybe, just maybe, tearing up a bit ...

Where is @Drubbing to keep us all grounded.
Fear not you Happy Clapping Bean Counting Canberra Dwelling Miserable Sod - I may not be posting in SOTD but will still dive in as needed. :)
PHEW!

Praise God for GT to keep me grounded ;)
I will never let you down (might try to knock you down if too much praise pumps you up too much). You know you can count on me.
*cue Morgan Freeman voice over* ... and that is how the world found a happy balance and lived happily ever after.

You could take it? Crap - you couldn't last more than 3 months in a year long sabbatical - a slight touch of the power would blow you out of your socks :)
Not sure what you'd be pointing at the parishioners to make that kind of impact at that distance mate, but I reckon it'd probably be something pretty far from your hand....or at least on the other side from where either one of them normally resides.

Happy dancing in the office here!

Just won this 'Vintage NOS Yardley Shave Set; Unused Shaving Soap, After Shave Lotion and Talc'

Very excited - might have my lifetime supply sorted now :)

$_57.JPG

Think I might have to sit out the B&M group buy as a result though to keep within my sabbatical rules :(

Happy dancing in the office here!

Just won this 'Vintage NOS Yardley Shave Set; Unused Shaving Soap, After Shave Lotion and Talc'

Think I might have to sit out the B&M group buy as a result though to keep within my sabbatical rules :(

What is it that you don't understand about your own sabbatical rules? There obviously aren't any rules.

Nice looking bowl and soap by the way. I love the staining it has produced in the presentation box and on/through the wooden bowl. Old tallow I'm assuming.

What is it that you don't understand about your own sabbatical rules? There obviously aren't any rules.

Yes there is - not NET expenditure - might have to sell some more soon but still in front!

Nice looking bowl and soap by the way. I love the staining it has produced in the presentation box and on/through the wooden bowl. Old tallow I'm assuming.

Yes, my third bowl - they are nice :)

Yes there is - not NET expenditure - might have to sell some more soon but still in front!

Yes, my third bowl - they are nice :)

What's the scent like? You might have to sell one to me to stay with in your no net expenditure rule. Then I can get rid of the odds and ends bowls of soap I've got at the moment. You have to have an accountant brain to come up with that one!

What's the scent like?

The ones I have at the moment are fairly scentless - fades with age. Hoping this one will have some clear 'flavour' to it ...

You might have to sell one to me to stay with in your no net expenditure rule. Then I can get rid of the odds and ends bowls of soap I've got at the moment. You have to have an accountant brain to come up with that one!

But they are all separate designs ....

You know how hard it is for me to sell anything

.........You know how hard it is for me to sell anything

You should have thought of that before you (self) imposed your no net expenditure rule. I like the container really. Without a nice scent to me it loses it's appeal as a soap. Got way too much soap anyhow.

Yay my Shavemac #177 finally arrived. 'king still pissed about the delay - sent last Monday via ExpressPost and arrived today - damn you AusPost. Though even more pissed with the idiotic silence from the Shave Shed after God knows how many emails. Anyway, I hope the brush is - as @Pjotr would say - a pisser! Meanwhile, I'd recommend avoiding the Shave Shed, no matter how good the closing-down prices are (there's an obvious reason they're closing down!).....anyway fingers-crossed this brush aint a shedder otherwise I fear being a little f....stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.