Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

Mate I'm thinking of putting it in my pocket, going out to a nice dinner, then taking it to a hotel room for the evening then shaving with it whilst surrounded by rose petals.
Remember @JugV2 , it has been passed from hand to hand in the last six months being used and abused by all sorts of nasty people so it may not be the razor it once was. (also in one case it did experience the height of razor pleasure so you may not measure up. :)

Remember @JugV2 , it has been passed from hand to hand in the last six months being used and abused by all sorts of nasty people so it may not be the razor it once was. (also in one case it did experience the height of razor pleasure so you may not measure up. :)
Nothing a clean with some CLR then a polish with Autosol won't fix.

Heh just like the way I cleans my wimmens.

Having never used a DE would I be silly to put my hand up to try this one?
You can safely ignore the above post, it all was all a bit too much for him and subsequently holds jaded memories if the experience sadly.
If you are used to SE, shavettes and straights you probably would do well with this I'd hazard a guess due to an experienced light touch.
Of course it's up go its owner if he can wait a bit longer for its return.

Having never used a DE would I be silly to put my hand up to try this one?

Even though I've never touched one in my life, I'd personally rather use a straight than an R41. At least with a straight you in theory at least have your destiny in your own hands. I really don't know what the R41 is meant to be. It's most certainly not a safety razor as all characteristics of a safety razor (guard, base plate, comb) are paired back to be almost non existent. As for the blade gap, I was expecting a few limbo dancers to appear. It's basically a double edged blade protruding out from and clamped by two metal plates perpendicular to a metal handle. A right angled razor sharp paint scraper. I looked at it and gave it straight back. I lied when I said I tried it. Didn't want to hurt @JugV2 feelings but if this, his favorite razor, can't hurt him I'm not sure what I was worried about.

It was all the way up to his face before it left!

It has arrived back home!

Thank you to everyone that took part in this and I hope you all got something out of it other than a quick trip to Sister for a bandaid.

Special thanks to @borked for the excellent packaging and care he took returning this to me, and for the pack of Wilkinson Sword BP blister pack blades. Very impressive and what a top bloke you are.

Thanks.

I took a pic of this but buggered if I can upload. I take it we need to have our own hosting now?

Yep; just throw it to Imgur or one of the other free image hosters.

Yep; just throw it to Imgur or one of the other free image hosters.
Cool

xUqruuS.jpg