Anyone here a gym goer?

we have added 3 kids to the family since I posted this, now I’m still up at 4:30 or 5:00 but it’s due to them and their antics and as a result need to get to the gym in the evening after they have gone to bed.
Not ideal for my but you make it work

I used to be when I was in the military. One of my big regrets was letting my fitness go after I left. Now I just seem to find every excuse not to get fit again. I bought an exercise bike to use at home and was getting there, then I started 10 hour days and I'm just too stuffed when I get home at 5:30 - 6pm.

Yeah, started 12 months ago. I've been going 6 times a week at 6am (Sundays off). Unfortunately, I seem to have hurt my knee and shoulder and have to take some time off :(

Built a platform in my garage over six years ago; best investment I have ever made. Haven't missed a day since, except when I have been injured. Really should line it, though, because it is cold in winter... :p

Unfortunately, I seem to have hurt my knee and shoulder and have to take some time off :(
440ae879-98b7-4e27-ab1e-315b343678fb_text.gif

Yeah, started 12 months ago. I've been going 6 times a week at 6am (Sundays off). Unfortunately, I seem to have hurt my knee and shoulder and have to take some time off :(
Sorry to hear! I had a bad ankle for ages and took forever to rehab they thing

Fun fact: once you get to a certain time in your life, you tend to spend a lot of time recovering from injuries if you lead an active lifestyle. With a buggered shoulder, a torn ligament in one foot and a sprained knee on the other leg, I often wonder if it's ever worthwhile getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:

... I often wonder if it's ever worthwhile getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:

Not if you can get a cup of tea and some sympathy, in all other cases you better get up!

Fun fact: once you get to a certain time in your life, you tend to spend a lot of time recovering from injuries if you lead an active lifestyle. With a buggered shoulder, a torn ligament in one foot and a sprained knee on the other leg, I often wonder if it's ever worthwhile getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:
But I'm only 30 :cry: I've literally done everything in the space of 6 weeks :LOL:

@Wilkshire13 going 6 times a week? that's a a lot for someone who started 12 months ago, unless you're planning to enter competitions. good luck with the recovery. I personally been gymming for the last 13 years, and I found that easier to stay in shape than to get in shape. Also, being 40 now means gotta be smarter with the workouts.

@Wilkshire13 going 6 times a week? that's a a lot for someone who started 12 months ago, unless you're planning to enter competitions. good luck with the recovery. I personally been gymming for the last 13 years, and I found that easier to stay in shape than to get in shape. Also, being 40 now means gotta be smarter with the workouts.
It's circuit work, nothing super strenuous, mostly a hybrid of cardio and weights. I will say my overall fitness has increased dramatically in the last 6 months. What used to have me recovering for 20 minutes afterwards only takes about 1 minute now, which is good. Still fat though :LOL:

Last edited: