Anyone here a gym goer?

It's circuit work, nothing super strenuous, mostly a hybrid of cardio and weights. I will say my overall fitness has increased dramatically in the last 6 months. What used to have me recovering for 20 minutes afterwards only takes about 1 minute now, which is good. Still fat though :LOL:
It’s all about consistency. I was 108kg out of uni and only decided to start exercising at 27. Lowest I got was 80 but at some point I stopped looking at numbers (on the scales and on the weights) and learned that it was better to focus on how I felt.

Listen to your body and watch the joints!

Listen to your body and watch the joints!
Good advice especially as you pass 50
I loved the gym and competing against juice heads in strength but obviously they could beat me in reps. Used be the caretaker and instructor living in an old Darwin Gym that had the most pristine view in the Transit Centre on the esplanade. Now an international hotel is on the site. The surprise was how strong some of the serious women were, especially in lower body strength (squats, deadlifts and even clean and jerk)
Unfortunately I cannot look at a weight now a days without getting RSI or arthritis of the joints.
Yoga and Pilates with a 6k ride every day keeps my girth under control and heart beating nowadays

I'm at 6 day a week, I started before covid and was around 106kg but with consistancy i'm sitting around 82kg, been consistant for around 3 years not. can't recommend it enough and a good PT pays off too
Great result!
I was 95 at the start of the year and and down 10kg with better lifts BUT I’m messing with programming currently

(y) Consistency is the goal and remembering you are not competing in the olympics or a male model so a day off here and there doesnt hurt. Enjoy it!

Well that has turned me off the gym then - I was hoping to start a new career as a make model.

I mean if a 81 year old can be on the cover of Sports Illustrated …

I was at my peak physical strength when I was working as a blacksmith. My shoulders spread by about 3", so I have a tendency to bust seams out of formal shirts. (Fortunately, I favour shirts like this, though I can't button up the collar like their puny models.) An interesting thing is that I had a noticeable tummy in front of me, which I am certain helped when swinging big hammers. Just about every other blacksmith I've ever known also had a solid tummy.

After I got out of that line of work I put on weight quickly, and found the quickest way to get it off and keep it off was cycling. I need to get back into that now, as I can feel the pounds adding up...