I had a conversation with a workmate that I'm sure a number of you have had:

"So, I heard you like old razors...do you want this?"

This being:

IMG_20130301_083001_zps81a3401f.jpg

IMG_20130301_083032_zps34594591.jpg

IMG_20130301_083042_zpse8d630e5.jpg

IMG_20130301_082947_zps4ad49488.jpg

IMG_20130301_082938_zpseae11d7d.jpg

I have no idea what I've been given, but it was a nice gesture regardless. Looks like it has a very small nick out it, but other than that it is in good condition.

Not sure exactly what I'll do with this thing- probably just clean it up as best I can and have it as a display piece.

Last edited:
There are experts around who can comment in more detail but - the price was right!

Funny how straights seem to be kept - DEs and brushes are just chucked!

They are nice shavers. I'd find some one who could sharpen her up for you and think about using it.
You don't have to do your full face. Just start by doing parts that you think you'd be comfortable doing. The flatter areas of your face. You might like it.
Then again if it doesn't work out for you, you can tell everyone the cuts are from your new cat!

Nice score.

I've been playing around with one of the ultra cheap SS Shavette's and straight razor shaving is well worth trying as is kinda fun and definitely even improves your DE technique later (you get much better with touch, skin stretching etc). Have had about 6 goes and can do my cheeks and a lil of the neck no probs - but the jaw and chin are seemingly impossible and always have me reaching for a DE to finish the job - which it invariably does in a few secs which has me questioning the sanity of the straight!

But they're kinda fun and I've not even gotten so much as a weeper from it so far - even did around 1/2 my head with it the other day and it does a very good job.

:)

Complete and total rubbish. Better send to me for proper disposal. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm happy to have a look at it for you, see what needs to be done to have it shaving again. I'm no honemeister, but I can put an edge on that i'm happy with.....

I work in Sydney CBD if that helps you

Complete and total rubbish. Better send to me for proper disposal. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm happy to have a look at it for you, see what needs to be done to have it shaving again. I'm no honemeister, but I can put an edge on that i'm happy with.....

I work in Sydney CBD if that helps you

Hi mate,

That's a generous offer that I might just take you up on (would need to post it to you though as I live/work in the sticks). So you don't think the damage would be an issue?

I'll shoot you a PM sometime. Would be nice to try using a straight at least once, and for it to be restored to its former glory. I can handle the cosmetic side of restoring things, but I don't have the tools or experience needed to hone.

Very nice. That nick should come out ok with any luck.

Unfortunately I have to deduct one "badass straight-shaver cred" for the pokemon reference in the title! :laugh:

I've already talked about wargaming on here KJ. I think my "cred" balance is well in the negative already! :laugh:

It looks like a nice razor, although it may have been shortened at some time, by the look of it.
I have one very similar and it shaves wonderfully.