2022 Memorial auction for the Cancer Council

GREAT!

See folks, it has the @SpeedyPC gif of approval!
giphy.gif

PSSST!

Don't miss out people. There is a page 2 in the Charity Auction House!

Some auctions with only one post (bidder) - are you going to let them get away with that?

Charity-Auction-Website-header.png

Don't forget-

The auctions will close Saturday, 8th October 2022 at 12.00pm AEDT (unless auction extended, see rules)

Raised so far in the Charity Auction - $4,138 on my count.

I'm sure we can raise still more though so ....

BID

BID

BID

Less than 24 hours now!!!

DON'T.

MISS.

OUT.

BID.

NOW.

I haven't gone through the totals with my abacus (I don't think we're quite ready for that yet AFAICT) but it looks like we might have done pretty well this year, a large chunk of that driven by @Mark1966 and @Holiday with their stratospheric bids, so a big round of warm fuzzy karma to them. 👏👏 There were also a couple of real steals there, for instance the Dwarf Beard kami, so congrats to @Ebonysw45 there. Just make sure you have a basket handy to catch your head when you use it... :LOL:

Many rounds of applause to all those who made it all possible. 👏👏👏

I haven't gone through the totals with my abacus (I don't think we're quite ready for that yet AFAICT) but it looks like we might have done pretty well this year, a large chunk of that driven by @Mark1966 and @Holiday with their stratospheric bids, so a big round of warm fuzzy karma to them. 👏👏 There were also a couple of real steals there, for instance the Dwarf Beard kami, so congrats to @Ebonysw45 there. Just make sure you have a basket handy to catch your head when you use it... :LOL:

Many rounds of applause to all those who made it all possible. 👏👏👏
Yeah, its going too require a little trail and error to keep all my blood on the inside. I already have plans to make a strop just for that razor so I don't damage my other ones. I have a seperate one for my kamisori for just that reason. It's should be fun, till the bleeding starts.🤕🩹

Might be a couple of days before I can get enough fingers and toes to declare the final amount, have it cross checked and pass through internal review and then sign off before external audit and then of course approval by the Chief Auctioneer in case the total is not what we wanted and we have to start again.

What? I'm in Canberra now!

That's an excellent suggestion! We'll refer it to the committee. :LOL:

... and take the temperature of the room on it.

Before we do that though let's circle back for a minute and make sure we know what we are trying to achieve here.

Before we do that though let's circle back for a minute and make sure we know what we are trying to achieve here.
I smell a whiff of heresy there, I thought the whole idea was to run around blindly repeating what has failed before elsewhere in the expectation of a different result... :p

I know that you have ALL been waiting patiently, so ...

Remember how successful have these auction been -
  • 2018 auction - $4,278
  • 2019 auction - $4,347
  • 2020 auction - $8,500
  • 2021 auction - $6,952
Total raised to date prior to this year: $24,772

The 2022 auction preliminary total is ...

[drum roll]

$5,402

Which makes a combined total to date of $30,174 !!!!

Thank you to all the donors and members who have made this possible.

I know that you have ALL been waiting patiently, so ...

Remember how successful have these auction been -
  • 2018 auction - $4,278
  • 2019 auction - $4,347
  • 2020 auction - $8,500
  • 2021 auction - $6,952
Total raised to date prior to this year: $24,772

The 2022 auction preliminary total is ...

[drum roll]

$5,402

Which makes a combined total to date of $30,174 !!!!

Thank you to all the donors and members who have made this possible.
Outstanding job all!

Whilst I am sure there will never be any fruit hanging low enough to meet my economic situation (and nor should there be - the object being to raise as much money as possible) nevertheless I follow it closely and wish to offer my sincere congratulations to all the organisers and participants.
Well done people.

Glen

Whilst I am sure there will never be any fruit hanging low enough to meet my economic situation (and nor should there be - the object being to raise as much money as possible) nevertheless I follow it closely and wish to offer my sincere congratulations to all the organisers and participants.
Well done people.

Glen

Glen

Appreciate the thanks, and we are conscious of this issue. Particularly with the auction format it can become a game for the 'rich kids' to play.

We do have some thoughts for next year though ...

Glen

Appreciate the thanks, and we are conscious of this issue. Particularly with the auction format it can become a game for the 'rich kids' to play.

We do have some thoughts for next year though ...
A pack of Derbys?