What blade should I use next?

Where are those Gillette Stainless made? Out of the PPI factory in St Pete's or elsewhere?

Yes, out of PPI St Petes. These were sold throughout Europe. Good sharp blade Mong. Very hard to get. Good for the collection and occasional use. I purchased 300 as I ran out years ago. Then the supplier I was purchasing from in Isreal dried up, and was never able to get them again.

Yes, out of PPI St Petes. These were sold throughout Europe. Good sharp blade Mong. Very hard to get. Good for the collection and occasional use. I purchased 300 as I ran out years ago. Then the supplier I was purchasing from in Isreal dried up, and was never able to get them again.

Heaps of good stuff coming out of that place. How do the Stainless compare to the Silver Blues / Super Iridiums? Sharp & smooth seems to be the customary characteristics of most PPI blades.

Heaps of good stuff coming out of that place. How do the Stainless compare to the Silver Blues / Super Iridiums? Sharp & smooth seems to be the customary characteristics of most PPI blades.

Sharper than Polsilver. Very similar to Gillete Silver Blue, and Astra Stainless.
I even think they could be the same blade, as the New Astras arrived at the same time Gillette Stainless disappeared. YMMV.

New Astras

:eek:

Catch me up since 2016. I liked the Astra greens (which I think are Superior Platinum?) and blues (Superior Stainless), but they're all from ~2015. Have they replaced these with a new version under the same name?

7-C167-D62-37-B4-47-B8-928-C-9-E469315-D057.jpg

What’s the matter hairy muppet, I top secretly ordered another 800 Gillette Stainless on the right directly from Canada, I have about 1800 Gillette Stainless in my den :smug::wtf:

There NOT the same as the Astra Super Stainless or the Gillette Nacet and the Gillette Silver Blue.

7-C167-D62-37-B4-47-B8-928-C-9-E469315-D057.jpg

What’s the matter hairy muppet, I top secretly ordered another 800 Gillette Stainless on the right directly from Canada, I have about 1800 Gillette Stainless in my den :smug::wtf:

There NOT the same as the Astra Super Stainless or the Gillette Nacet and the Gillette Silver Blue.

Shakes Head.
Serious case of blade hoarding :LOL:

I had torrid experiences of razor burn with feather and Rockwell. Astra with their thicker blade worked much better for me in a number of razors.
If you’re new to shaving, be warned feathers feel sharp and are very unforgiving of pressure or a loss of attention. How is your ATG technique if it’s a closer shave you’re after.