Vintage Schick Plus Platinum..... must buy the entire world supply

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Some of you may have noticed that I have recently received some vintage Schick Plus Platinum blades. Well, I am not sure if they are as good or better than Spoilers, but they are definitely different!

I had loaded one up in the very minty gold Krona which was part of the deal, however I decided to remove it and throw the blade into my Slim instead.

Lathered up with the Proraso Red - I have really got this stuff dialled in now, got the slickest lather yet. With the Slim set to 7 and my face ready to do, I started shaving.

Instant disappointment. With 2 days of growth on my face which is normal as I shave every second day, the blade simply did not glide as it should. There was no tugging, no hint of anything but a very sharp blade, but there was no smoothness at all, neither was there any roughness to the blade. The blade was also quite noisy, and I could feel it scraping my skin although I never felt like I would get bitten.

Perplexed at this, and second-guessing my lather, I gently finished off and rinsed. The shave itself was very close for a single-pass WTG with a little buffing under the nose and around the him. No irritation, no weepers, but overall it felt 'Wrong'.

Now, I checked my lather and it was as perfect as I have gotten the Red. I lathered a little on the inside of my forearm and tested the Fatboy still loaded with a PermaSharp. It was as expected.

Now I decided to lather up again, so the Smoggie started working in the lather to my face, and I started feeling good, the warm spicyness of the Red started to hit my nose, and I as back in the zone.

I started my normal 'half XTG' pass. This is where I perform a 45-degree XTG/WTG. Completely different feeling. Immediately the blade was moving much better, although no glide like the Spoilers, this time it didn't feel like the blade was dragging over my face so much. The lack of smoothness went away and all I felt was amazing control. I even felt like they did a better job on my neck than the Spoilers did.

After washing off, my face is smoother than it has been since I was 12. Quick test with the Alum shows zero irritation or sting. I feel amazing.

Make sure you sign up to the Travelling Spoilers/Schick Platinum Plus. They will go to their first person this week.

Very interesting!

I could get another AD....

There was a BIG lot of 160 blades on eBay that got snapped up. They were the Teflon version which would glide better I reckon. Was in that 50c/blade range which is good.

These are the older, non-teflon version.

[sigh]

Maybe I shouldn't go in the Spoiler pass around....

Had another shave this morning, really enjoyable. I got an even closer shave today, zero irritation.

Finished off with 2 drops of Trumpers Skin Food in Lime on a slightly moist face. You cannot wipe the grin off today.