Unobtainium Tradere SB Serial Number 300 (Series 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
We are very proud to present this auction lot - generously donated by @todras from Australian Private Reserve

Please read the auction guidelines here before bidding.

International bidders: although basic international airmail shipping with basic tracking is included for this lot - due to the current COVID-19 situation affecting worldwide shipping please contact @alfredus before bidding to discuss other (recommended) options.

Australian bidders: this lot will be shipped free of charge within Australia via Express post - however it is strongly recommended that the auction winner purchases additional services such as insurance. If unsure please contact @alfredus before bidding.

AUCTION DESCRIPTION

This auction is for a rare, unobtanium Tradere Solid Bar 2nd generation razor with the serial number 300 and one of only 1,100 ever made by Tradere. Read more about the Tradere Story on @mantic59's Sharpologist website here. How iconic is the Tradere? Enough that Blackland Razors has commenced making a replica/homage/reissue, see here. This 2nd generation Tradere also comes with its original box, significantly enhancing its value as a collectible.

htTxc6Cl.jpg

yedQgjvl.jpg
xTdvsyol.jpg

alkrAjpl.jpg

0iED0dhl.jpg

RSgvMKNl.jpg

AN APOLOGY

Yesterday morning I made, what in retrospect, can be regarded as a fairly boorish post. I had not been paying much attention to the auction details as my jar of Acorns would not allow me to partake. All I saw was, I believe it was @alfredus making what in my eyes was an outrageous bid for a razor and passed a facetious comment. I am now aware of the ultimate recipient for the bid amounts and therefore wish to apologise whole heartedly to both @alfredus and the members of P&C as a whole.
Glen Thomas

Great to see a bid after so long! Let's make sure that we get a little more for this one though, it is a one of a kind -

$1,000

[insert @SpeedyPC "go hard or go home" / "come and get me" GIF]

As much as I wanted this razor to match the OC Tradere that I have inbound from Blackland. Too hot for me now.

Go on, I will not bite. Never know, for just $101 over your previous bid it could be yours ...

Amortise the cost over the rest of your lifetime, there will NOT be another chance and auction regret is real ...

Status
Not open for further replies.