Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
... because I knew that NOTHING like this would every happen to me in Australia.

Amazing, incredible, unbelievable!

After the first set of pics I was thinking "yeah yeah whatever..."

Wowsers someone really struck a goldmine here!

Just a bunch of old razors. ;)

All vintage razors are worthy and wonderful. appreciate them all, especially the ones you're lucky enough to own. I actually prefer the ones that have been used and loved and probably passed down by folks who are now gone. To hold and use something that was part of someone's everyday life, it's a connection with the past, and it doesn't need to be monetarily valuable or rare to be desirable.

Amazing, though I must admit I rather collect new stuff.
I am just not much into this passed down and retro stuff. My mother collected antiquities en masse. I have an interest in history, but you can really annoy me with old furniture and paintings. And perhaps razors as well. :sneaky:

I did saw that thread and I gotta say, it's beyond words. I have stopped chasing safety razors and have started selling the few I own (nice pieces actually), since my interest in them has dwindled. I stopped using them altogether, I shave 99% of the time with a straight razor.

Still, when I saw this collection I felt a massive jolt of envy.

Lucking out with a collection like that is something that could happen, but is very unlikely to happen to me.

I'd be more interested to owning razors to actually use, and share with others, to experience a whole variety of razors rather than having them sitting on a shelf.

Lucking out with a collection like that is something that could happen, but is very unlikely to happen to me.

I'd be more interested to owning razors to actually use, and share with others, to experience a whole variety of razors rather than having them sitting on a shelf.
Considering he had multiples of some very desirable razors, he could use one and leave the rest on the shelf :LOL: