The finest watch in all the land.

@Ferret619 the Seiko SKX have gone up in the last few weeks due to them being discontinued. Not to worry as there are millions of them out there so you'll need to wait a month or two for prices to come down.

Citizen automatic and quartz watches are bomb proof. Bill Gates wears one as a daily :)
42mm quartz divers - BN0151-09L and BK3150-04EE
Though the nicer 42mm Automatic NY0040-09E and recent model NY0086-83L the latter being my pick for you. Very much like a SKX009 but slightly thinner.

Most under the budget too.

@Ferret619 - get one at a comparable price?
you'll need to add a few extra dollars to get a solid reliable watch.

Check out 'Just one more watch'
Great channel for budget watches and more with class as well. He got me ordering a Hamtun H2 Kraken after watching a few. Also check out San Martin watches too.

Last edited:
Where do you get one at a comparable price?
Maybe the Casio MRW series is worth a look for you. Cheap plastic and tougher than your previous unit. Or a little more solid but also more money the Casio MTD120 series (Casio MTD120D-8AV & MTD-120-1AVCF)
and then the Casio MTD1087 but in the larger face territory.

The point of the exercise was to show how good a $13 watch can be, granted me breaking it on a blanket doesn’t reflect it in the best light...Still I like the f91w as such I have two (and another on the way and am probably on a terror watch list too)
Too date I have killed 2 SKXs one at the gym and one decided it just hated life.
AsrKFfql.jpg

This is my current collection sans casios.
I don’t think I’d be without an skx but I do think I prefer the 013 over the 007/9...

What I’d really like to add is a field watch, perhaps a Hamilton khaki.

I finished this one last night, used a rare 1990 Yuri Gagarin dial the rest of the watch parts are new. I'll regulate It after a month of use.

It is amazing how accurate the entry level mechanicals can be with a little work huh!
The watch looks great.