Not open for further replies.

Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: Forgotton Art - Bushman
Soap/Cream: Murphy & McNeal - Infinitus Tropic
Razor:
Feather Artist Club - SS Sotch Wood
Blade: Schick Proline P30 (2)
Post-shave: Murphy & McNeal- Infinitus AS Slash / Proraso - Azur Lime AS Balm

2 pass + touchups BBS. Super close and smooth shave after a week of daily DE shaves. Schick Proline blades are by far my favourite to use in the Artist club.

If anybody needs any Schick Proline P30's, send me a pm.

How’s the Bear Tallow and how’s the lather feels on your face?

@SpeedyPC

Bear Tallow formula is elite. Up there with kaizan and other elites. Scent profile is banana, coconut and wood. Scent strength is mid. Smell is fantastic. The wood gives so much balance to the scent. This a very dark chocolate coloured soap.
Compared to the other Murphy & McNeal soap bases such as Aon vs Kodiak, is like comparing B&M Reserve vs Excelsior. There is (Friggen All )difference in performance.

9ro8NOP.jpg

Monday‌ ‌09.21.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ’46 Milord Set
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
RazoRock "What the Puck?!" Orange Sunrise
RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash

Date:- 21 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Voskhod #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Post-shave: B&M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

After the rain we have had the last few days - this seemed an appropriate choice ...

1CePYgMl.jpg

IMG-20200921-213918.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Chameleon Malle Burl & Holographic 30mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Italian Barger Game Changer .84P
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: Pereira Shavery Shaving Soap with Activated Charcoal
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS+

Almost finished this soap and its one I'd happily replace if it wasn't so expensive,,, Happy shaves!

Date:- 22 September 2020

Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Date:- 22 September 2020

Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #14
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
14 days out of one PSI? That can't be possible, surely :unsure: unless you're only shaving your mo these days... I'm back to Pol now myself (face and head), as of this morning, but it won't last beyond Friday. I'm in for a pleasant shave, not for punishment. :eek:

14 days out of one PSI? That can't be possible, surely :unsure: unless you're only shaving your mo these days... I'm back to Pol now myself (face and head), as of this morning, but it won't last beyond Friday. I'm in for a pleasant shave, not for punishment. :eek:
I've read users pushing the Super Iridium's beyond 10+ shaves and hope to put this to the test once the pesky Wizamets arrive soon...?

Saying that, I once managed 22 x shaves with a Derby and although super smooth the shave became inefficient for my harsh growth after the normal 5-6 shaves.

I can stretch the blade, because, I have more encouragement than you.

1. Shower first before a shave.
2. Always maintain a very good hydrated dense slick lather throughout the whole shave.... WHO CARES if your wasting shaving soap.... IT'S ONLY BLOODY SOAP!!!.... Stop becoming the smallest lather loading dickhead
3. I always do a three-pass shave, always maintain ZERO pressure throughout the whole to avoid irritation and razor burn. STOP!! chasing a BBS, I'm very happy with a DFS.
4. I always FLIP! the blade over every second or third shave, NOT per passes during the shave, depending on the blade and the aggression type of razor.

Last edited:
What's the scent and the quality of the soap-like?? @Razor Burn, I'm fully aware is black and when the soap lathered up into mid or dark grey colour.
I find the soap soft and judging by the ingredients its vegan with lanolin and charcoal powder giving it a greyish colour once lathered. Not a thirsty soap with good slickness.
Solid performance with good post shave feel and a refreshing citrus - Orange/Cinnamon scent.
I purchased it with the shaving bowl on kickstarter but they have a website operating out of Portugal, making the cost quite high.

I find the soap soft and judging by the ingredients its vegan with lanolin and charcoal powder giving it a greyish colour once lathered. Not a thirsty soap with good slickness.
Solid performance with good post shave feel and a refreshing citrus - Orange/Cinnamon scent.
I purchased it with the shaving bowl on kickstarter but they have a website operating out of Portugal, making the cost quite high.
Can you judge by how much cinnamon in the soap, otherwise, this soap isn't for me cinnamon can give me burning reaction on my face.

Can you judge by how much cinnamon in the soap, otherwise, this soap isn't for me cinnamon can give me burning reaction on my face.
In all honesty I had forgotten the Cinnamon as its very minimum as is the citrus from the tub.

I can stretch the blade, because, I have more encouragement than you.

1. Shower first before a shave.
2. Always maintain a very good hydrated dense slick lather throughout the whole shave.... WHO CARES if your wasting shaving soap.... IT'S ONLY BLOODY SOAP!!!.... Stop becoming the smallest lather loading dickhead
3. I always do a three-pass shave, always maintain ZERO pressure throughout the whole to avoid irritation and razor burn. STOP!! chasing a BBS, I'm very happy with a DFS.
4. I always FLIP! the blade over every second or third shave, NOT per passes during the shave, depending on the blade and the aggression type of razor.

Fair enough, just some things I'm never going to change.

I like my BBS (or near- BBS).
I've always showered after my shave because it's the best way of making sure all the soap is rinsed off, otherwise I get irritation later on.

Apart from that, were not that much different. I flip my blade after every shave, use LOTS of soap, and no pressure. Obviously different skin and different stubble makes a difference, plus shaving my whole head makes for a lot of acreage.

Status
Not open for further replies.