Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, another tree-stump...
Soap: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto
Razor: RR GC-JAWS
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Scuttle: Captain's Choice "Tempest"
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo (y)@Irish

With the weather getting warmer, this soap will be seeing more use over the next few months...

Where are people purchasing Wholly Kaw these days? I was lucky to pick up an untouched tub of Fougere Mania from someone local on Gumtree, but looks like I’ll have trouble tracking down any more. Google search doesn’t point to any obvious Australian distributor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Where are people purchasing Wholly Kaw these days? I was lucky to pick up an untouched tub of Fougere Mania from someone local on Gumtree, but looks like I’ll have trouble tracking down any more. Google search doesn’t point to any obvious Australian distributor. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My Rose Concerto came from @Markyv in one of his den cleanouts. It's possibly the best performing soap I have, but I don't know how much the base interferes with the scent, which is a tad overblown. I load my brushes quite heavily, but this soap looks like it'll last forever. I haven't made the slightest dent in it yet.

o5OiWMw.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Cream: Cremo
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Reuzel Aftershave Splash

Tried for the first time two new products in this shave - Cremo shaving cream and Reuzel Aftershave. Impressed with both.

Lavenders are very much my thing, so I spent a while looking at the Great Lavender Shave-Off reviews at (ahem) badger and blade where C&S O&C is mentioned as having a very mild scent. How do you feel about the O&C?

Sorry for delayed mate.

O&C is my favorite lavender.. is dark. An impressive blend of English and French lavender. I can't find the mild scent.. For my perfect 7 or 8/10 :)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano splash
Fragrance: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano EDC

Not really Spring weather here today - but so what!

sg0zUyvl.jpg

I managed to score a tub of the older formula when it was available from TSW and have had the newer base bookmarked on various sites but everytime I go to order its out of stock!?

https://www.westcoastshaving.com/
https://topofthechain.ca
https://www.maggardrazors.com/
There is no Australian distibutor currently. Prices are reasonable when you purchase 6+ items from Top of the chain or West coast shaving.

There is stock from the above 3 sellers.

They sell pretty fast on this sites BTS.

Last edited:
IMG-20200920-125220.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Headblade Moto
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction LE)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap: Pereira Shavery Shaving Soap with Activated Charcoal
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, WTG, Touchups = DFS+

A super quick head/face shave with excellent results... Happy shaves!

IMG-20200920-125220.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Headblade Moto
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction LE)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Soap: Pereira Shavery Shaving Soap with Activated Charcoal
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, WTG, Touchups = DFS+

A super quick head/face shave with excellent results... Happy shaves!

Lovely razor there ...

Brush: Paste & Cut LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano splash
Fragrance: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano EDC

New tub of the SMN Crema da Barba, not purchased in Firenze but still pretty good!

sg0zUyvl.jpg
Classy set-up. SMN Crema de Barba is wonderful stuff.

Brush: Jack the Barber 22mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Barrisrer & Mann - Terror
Razor: Karve CB SB (F) plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (6)
Post-shave: Nivea 2 Phase / Barrister & Mann - Terror AS balm

2 pass WTG DFS daily shave.
Enjoying the daily shaves. Really nice low-mid strength synthetic menthol infused soap. Very nice cooling effect without being overpowering (5/10)
The matching balm is much stronger, although not eye watering its strong.(8/10)

Note to anyone who wears contact lenses. Even hours later, the residual balm that must have been on my eye lids induced a mace type effect. Sitting on the bathroom for 2 mins eyes closed and burning, nose running, and swearing. :mad:
Lesson learned, change contact lenses before undertaking any grooming procedures for the day.

LzJqEC5.jpg

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo knot
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Bowl: Rover travel bowl (Artisan Arcade)
Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo Light (Aggr.)
Blade: Feather(2)
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit

I test lathered a few soaps recently, comparing the Rover bowl with my Fine Accroutements bowl. The Rover is astounding; any soap with any brush whips up a great lather in no time.
I'm thinking of glueing a few 'bumps' on the bottom of the Fine bowl, maybe small buttons or silicon dots. The second shave of the Feather was near BBS but I nicked my nose on the home straight so will call this DFS+... :)

Classy set-up. SMN Crema de Barba is wonderful stuff.

Not quite the same when it is not purchased from the actual pharmacy in Firenze but ....

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: The Dead Sea

Doing the rounds with the Timeless + Nacet while changing up the soaps. Another fantastic shave with this combination, and to think I was considering selling this razor!!

50362652061_1ca1a1e2c7_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.