Status
Not open for further replies.
Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather skin food

Seven beautiful shaves and done for the Spoiler. From tomorrow I'll be onto a vintage Rubie for the first time.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather skin food

Seven beautiful shaves and done for the Spoiler. From tomorrow I'll be onto a vintage Rubie for the first time.
How’s the Spoiler coming along cowboy

The thanks should go to @Mark1966 and the sample box ;).
(The only samples I brought along were the Meissner Tremonia samples and what was left made their way into the sample box).

Good to hear the Mystic Water Soap works well as I grabbed a sample of that myself, but haven't yet tried it.

Thanks @Mark1966 and sample box :giggle:

Pre: shower and Razorock glycerin pre shave
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (2)
Soap: Uncle Jon’s Tahitian Dream

Consistently good shaves and the pre shave adds value to my shave. The menthol is fine when you first lather in your hands and then once the shaving soap touches your face, any scent disappears leaving only the shave soap scent. It’s a worthwhile investment for minimal cost.

Also, in other news, broke through to the bottom of the soap today. Now I will really see it disappear!

nI3PyUJ.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fatboy....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Nathan Clark....
Soap: PAA Boomtown Bay Rum....
Post: PAA Boomtown Bay Rum Aftershave, Caron Pour Un Homme EDT....

Well, that goes the theory of using a mild blade to tame a razor!

The voshkod shave resulted in stubble being felt just one hour after the shave!

To top it off, the growth has been irritating as it's making me itchy!!

Back to my beloved Polsilver tomorrow!!

*the tuck of voshkod hits the trash*
I have not used the GC but from what I have read it is a very mild razor. The Voskhod would be a very poor choice for most people in this razor IMO. Much better suited tot eh more aggressive razors.

Typically I have found in my experience that the sharper blades work very well in the mild to mid aggressive razors and the milder blades such as the Voskhod work well in the most aggressive razors. Some people are different and can handle the sharper blades in the more aggressive razors of course. Some people are also able to get away with using the milder blades in the mildest of razors but I would think that these people likely have very fine facial hair.

I have not used the GC but from what I have read it is a very mild razor. The Voskhod would be a very poor choice for most people in this razor IMO. Much better suited tot eh more aggressive razors.

Typically I have found in my experience that the sharper blades work very well in the mild to mid aggressive razors and the milder blades such as the Voskhod work well in the most aggressive razors. Some people are different and can handle the sharper blades in the more aggressive razors of course. Some people are also able to get away with using the milder blades in the mildest of razors but I would think that these people likely have very fine facial hair.

@nsavage is spot on here.. the GC (even plate 0.84 is very mild for me, and a persona platinum which is quite sharp didnt really do it for me.. a feather might and will be able to confirm next week.

@nav1 dont throw your voskhod's out mate, they are a great blade (very smooth) but just use them in a more aggressive razor

Generally, this method does have merit. I personally like the sharpness of the Polsilver and up until now, they've always been very smooth in every razor, except the GC84.
The smoothness aspect reduced greatly but the shave was good. Voshkod OTOH was just a plain bad shave. It was tuggy and there was growth an hour after the shave :confused:

I'll be trying Gillette black ninja blades in the GC as they are a step down in sharpness from the Polsilver.

@nsavage is spot on here.. the GC (even plate 0.84 is very mild for me, and a persona platinum which is quite sharp didnt really do it for me.. a feather might and will be able to confirm next week.

@nav1 dont throw your voskhod's out mate, they are a great blade (very smooth) but just use them in a more aggressive razor

I've used them before and didn't like them. I just happened to receive a tuck from a friend but the blade was horrible. 0.84mm gap is not really "mild" but the bluntness of the blade made the shave tuggy with rapid regrowth.

I used 40-50 types of blades before settling on the Polsilver so there's not many I haven't experienced. The Polsilver is a blade sent from heaven :)

@nav1 a lot of YMMV on this hobby lol, in saying that polsilver is a blade i have not yet tried and after that recommendation will have to get some to try

Oh yes, individual experiences, preferences and suitability are what make this hobby so personal.
That's why carts and goo don't work for so many, simply because it pigeon holes a large proportion of people.

KarveD w/Polsilver
Muhle STF 23mm
WK - Pashas Pride
Gaia ASB

What a magical shave with the karve after some struggle with the GC84.
A truly effortless BBS!

WK soap was good, like any of my other 120 soaps! I don't get the hype for soaps these days TBH.

20190215-092833-01.jpg

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Florian
Last shave with this Kit for a while. Heading out on loan to a young friend. Try before you buy I say. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.