Status
Not open for further replies.
13 February 2019
UGOWRLS.jpg

Merkur 37C / Voskhod
Maggard 18mm Timberwolf Synthetic
Body Shop Maca Root Shaving Cream
National Alum (India) / Body Shop Maca Root ASB
It's been unusually cool for February in Melbourne over the last couple of days. It made me reach for something a little earthier, so I grabbed the Maca Root cream, which I hadn't used since last November. It was also the final lather for this tube as mentioned in the finished products sticky. It's a nice cream, but it took me a few attempts to dial this one in (about half a dozen lathers). I think this cream is designed for the mass-market (i.e. works brushless, but brush friendly & must lather instantly), therefore it's easy to make your lather too thin if you're not careful. Was nice to finish it and move-on to something new. Enjoy your Thursday everyone !!

RR GC84 w/voshkod
Yaqi two band finest 24mm
Pbgoose tester - Black Spruce
Gaia ASB

Tried a voshkod with the GC today.
The blade was a bit tuggy and required more work but still achieved a very good shave.

I find this razor to be bitey but it just requires a bit more care than the Rockwell, Progress and Karve razors.

The Yaqi is awesome, I really enjoyed it with the pb soap. What a lovely scent!

20190213-102752-01.jpg

Well, that goes the theory of using a mild blade to tame a razor!

The voshkod shave resulted in stubble being felt just one hour after the shave!

To top it off, the growth has been irritating as it's making me itchy!!

Back to my beloved Polsilver tomorrow!!

*the tuck of voshkod hits the trash*

TLy77hCl.jpg

Fantastic shave with a new Spoiler blade in the Rex at about setting 1.8.
Used the Razorock pre shave glycerin soap for the first time and it was very nice. A nice amount of menthol cooling and I left the suds on my face before face lathering the Uncle Jon’s. Face feels fantastic too so not sure if this is an extra special part of a glycerin soap but I’m a happy chappy either way.

13 February 2019
UGOWRLS.jpg

Merkur 37C / Voskhod
Maggard 18mm Timberwolf Synthetic
Body Shop Maca Root Shaving Cream
National Alum (India) / Body Shop Maca Root ASB
It's been unusually cool for February in Melbourne over the last couple of days. It made me reach for something a little earthier, so I grabbed the Maca Root cream, which I hadn't used since last November. It was also the final lather for this tube as mentioned in the finished products sticky. It's a nice cream, but it took me a few attempts to dial this one in (about half a dozen lathers). I think this cream is designed for the mass-market (i.e. works brushless, but brush friendly & must lather instantly), therefore it's easy to make your lather too thin if you're not careful. Was nice to finish it and move-on to something new. Enjoy your Thursday everyone !!

Great description of the Maca Root cream.

While it is easy to obtain I never recommend to newbies as it is so easy to get wrong without being obviously wrong.

Date: 14 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #15
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

14 more days to go :banghead: until the end of the Arko February shave.

Pre-Shave: (Hot Towel Treatment) D.R. Harris Organic Face Cloth w/ Prospector Co. Pugilist Rag Soak & Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Preshave Oil
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger in Disco Haze
Soap/Cream: (Uberlather Mixture) Floris No.89 Shaving Soap w/ Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Shaving Cream & Pure Glycerin B.P.
Razor: Dovo Bismarck Ebony, Gold 6/8"
Post-Shave: Prospector Co. K.C. Atwood Aftershave Splash & Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forysth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: The one, the only, ARKO! shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Mysrol Metilsol aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Early morning shave before flight, no chance to post until now. Nice little change up with the Metilsol, a classic 'it must be good for you' aftershave.

NZsF1yol.jpg

RR GC84 w/Polsilver
Yaqi short metal handle silvertip
SV Felce Aromatica
Gaia ASB

Much, much better result with the GC!!
Yesterday's Voshkod Experience was horrible but back to the Polsilver and it was smooth cutting!
I also held the razor closer to the head and found this really allowed me to find the sweet spot for this razor and had a very comfortable shave and the razor didn't feel very bitey.

The silvertip and SV were very luxurious together! I'm really digging badger brushes these days!

20190214-114328-01.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby1
Soap/Cream: APR Florian
Razor: Karve 3”, Plate C
Blade: Astra green
Post-shave:Florian splash

The soap produces such a rich, rich lather giving superbe performance. The scent took a few days to get used to, but now I enjoy the lemon citrus and subtle floral scents.

gxN8cYF.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mystic Water

First use of the Mystic Water soap (Thanks for the sample @Kaeckerut ) whipped up easily to a thick rich lather. The soaps performance is top-notch, slick, smooth and resulted in a comfortable two pass DFS.(y)

Earworm.....

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mystic Water

First use of the Mystic Water soap (Thanks for the sample @Kaeckerut ) whipped up easily to a thick rich lather. The soaps performance is top-notch, slick, smooth and resulted in a comfortable two pass DFS.(y)

Earworm.....
The thanks should go to @Mark1966 and the sample box ;).
(The only samples I brought along were the Meissner Tremonia samples and what was left made their way into the sample box).

Good to hear the Mystic Water Soap works well as I grabbed a sample of that myself, but haven't yet tried it.

jBh9wc6.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: ATT SE1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Dior Eau Sauvage

Quick and efficient 2 pass shave for a DFS+ result.

Status
Not open for further replies.