Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
HhMMjazl.jpg

No preshave other than a shower today. Also bowl lathered for a change. First pass was borderline shit! Drying lather that has no glide. Added more soap to the brush and face lathered for next pass and it was back to where I wanted it. Much nice to shave with. End result was CCS which I’m content with.

Now Pippa has gone to day care. This is her waiting for me to hurry up...

51tcrchl.jpg

RR GC84 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm
Stirling - Satsuma
Gaia ASB

First run with the GC. It's a beautiful looking razor for sure!
It shaves well but is a little bitey. It's nowhere near as smooth as the Rockwell and miles away from the blissful comfort of the Karve.

Is it a keeper? Yes
Is it a "game changer"? No!!
Perhaps the cost of this SS razor disrupts the SS razor market but with shipping, that aspect provided no benefit for me.

Satsuma is a beautiful soap! Really nice scent that lingers just ever so slightly after the shave.

@StratMan
I believe you have both the GC84 and Karve...how would you compare the two?

hi @nav1 i will post more comprehensively in the hardware pass-around topic but in short.. i love both but i using my favourite persona blues i find they are just a touch mild for me.. sort of compare to a plate R4 on my rockwell. But the look and feel are amazing on both.

HhMMjazl.jpg

No preshave other than a shower today. Also bowl lathered for a change. First pass was borderline shit! Drying lather that has no glide. Added more soap to the brush and face lathered for next pass and it was back to where I wanted it. Much nice to shave with. End result was CCS which I’m content with.

Now Pippa has gone to day care. This is her waiting for me to hurry up...

51tcrchl.jpg
love that look :) gorgeous dog mate

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap/Cream: The Warden - squadron
Razor: Karve Plate D
Blade: Persona Platinum
Post-shave: A&E Florian Splash

First shave with the Karve, beautiful looking razor, love the feel.. just a tad mild for me.. Still loving that Florian splash every time i put it on...

40110732743_df67578c3d_c.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap/Cream: The Warden - squadron
Razor: Karve Plate D
Blade: Persona Platinum
Post-shave: A&E Florian Splash

First shave with the Karve, beautiful looking razor, love the feel.. just a tad mild for me.. Still loving that Florian splash every time i put it on...

40110732743_df67578c3d_c.jpg
I could not agree more with your comments about the Karve. I only bought the D plate with the razor but will be adding the E & F plates in the future.

I could not agree more with your comments about the Karve. I only bought the D plate with the razor but will be adding the E & F plates in the future.

yeah i think if i get this i will be ordering the E plate... the D was good but just a touch mild. Where did you get yours from? had a quick check and can only see them available direct from Karve, each plate an extra $30

tq1YwOU.jpg

Had this very nice 13/16” RigaRazor come in for honing this week
Paired with the fat and the T&H freshman aftershave with the T&H Aspley cologne for a tidy finish
Was warned the 51200 steel could be prone to micro chipping but no such troubles coming off the Nakayama Asagi

Nice looking razor!

hi @nav1 i will post more comprehensively in the hardware pass-around topic but in short.. i love both but i using my favourite persona blues i find they are just a touch mild for me.. sort of compare to a plate R4 on my rockwell. But the look and feel are amazing on both.

Thanks!
I'll look out for your further post.
I'm going to try the GC with a milder blade just to see how it behaves.

5N5JddA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Declaration Cuir et Epices from 2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample Box
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Only my second go at some Declaration soap and I still really enjoy the soap. The sample came again very generously donated from the 2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample box and the resulting lather was fantastic. The scent was a bit weak, but I assume this was due to the small sample size.

All in all a very enjoyable shave - the B&R adjustable on 2.5 during the first pass removed five days worth of growth as if non existent.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

5N5JddA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Declaration Cuir et Epices from 2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample Box
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Only my second go at some Declaration soap and I still really enjoy the soap. The sample came again very generously donated from the 2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample box and the resulting lather was fantastic. The scent was a bit weak, but I assume this was due to the small sample size.

All in all a very enjoyable shave - the B&R adjustable on 2.5 during the first pass removed five days worth of growth as if non existent.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)
Hey Thor, how’s the new hammer coming along, I don’t see any thunder or lightning bolts coming from your new razor, after you removed five days worth of growth.

Date: 13 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- PAA Starling SE v2.0 (Close Comb) / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

13 days down, 15 days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave.

RR GC84 w/voshkod
Yaqi two band finest 24mm
Pbgoose tester - Black Spruce
Gaia ASB

Tried a voshkod with the GC today.
The blade was a bit tuggy and required more work but still achieved a very good shave.

I find this razor to be bitey but it just requires a bit more care than the Rockwell, Progress and Karve razors.

The Yaqi is awesome, I really enjoyed it with the pb soap. What a lovely scent!

20190213-102752-01.jpg

Hey Thor, how’s the new hammer coming along, I don’t see any thunder or lightning bolts coming from your new razor, after you removed five days worth of growth.
Really enjoy the razor - smooth and efficient (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

February Slant/s SOTM
IMAG0374.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (8)
Soap: RR xXx

Smooth and satisfying shower shave with the 37C... Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.