September 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received this razor. It’s hard to tell but it’s a Tanifuji Gold Harthy. Now begins the cleanup.

50367353982_d277b23eee_c.jpg

Evilbay. Got in cheap because it was almost impossible to tell what it was.

50369903221_3bdee5c3af_c.jpg

A little hand polishing and 1200grit sandpaper for the blade. The scales took a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner and its well on the way for shaving tomorrow.
Nice work. Where do you get your materials for repinning? Interested in how you find the edge when you hone.

Nice work. Where do you get your materials for repinning? Interested in how you find the edge when you hone.
Hobyco has the 1/16 brass rods but the washers I got from the States. (Micro Fasteners) flat washers brass and also flat washers stainless size 0 I think. I did come across a guy in the States who sells packs with rod, brass or nickel silver with washers including domed. If I can find his listing I’ll post it.

Evilbay. Got in cheap because it was almost impossible to tell what it was.

50369903221_3bdee5c3af_c.jpg

A little hand polishing and 1200grit sandpaper for the blade. The scales took a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner and its well on the way for shaving tomorrow.
I would soak the scales in very warm water with bleach for about 10 or 15mins to make sure the mold germs is killed, while you’re honing the blade edge before putting everything together before your shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.