September 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Call today
IMG-20200924-185023.jpg

After 2 months of waiting the Wizamet Super Iridium blades arrived - thanks to @tim33z for his patience and assistance!

Close inspection shows 2017 on the carton but individual tucks show 25/05/20 which is encouraging.

IMG-20200924-185231.jpg

Mail Call today
IMG-20200924-185023.jpg

After 2 months of waiting the Wizamet Super Iridium blades arrived - thanks to @tim33z for his patience and assistance!

Close inspection shows 2017 on the carton but individual tucks show 25/05/20 which is encouraging.

IMG-20200924-185231.jpg
May I please see the blade

Happy now after a very long bloody painful pandemic pain in your hairy ass wait.

A little hand polishing and 1200grit sandpaper for the blade. The scales took a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner and its well on the way for shaving tomorrow.
Cleaned up beautifully, how did you get the engraving so clean and defined - 1200 grit and a polish?

Cleaned up beautifully, how did you get the engraving so clean and defined - 1200 grit and a polish?
Autosol, 800 and 1200 grit wet dry. Also fine steel wool. A dremel for a final polish with felt wheel and autosol. I don’t over do a restoration anymore, I just remove the rust. I’ve come to embrace wabi sabi. A razor has made it’s way through time and deserves to show some age and imperfection. I only replace scales if they are not salvageable or if the razor came without. It shaves fantastically as well.

No laser printing and just 2 wax dots on the middle :(

IMG-20200924-211206.jpg

IMG-20200924-211240.jpg
F :muted::muted: K! what’s going on in Russia??? I’m scratching my bloody head, I’m seeing blades have been laser stamped and they’re all back to printed stamped, I give up... How are the Russian are going to avoid counterfeit blade issues?????

Doesn’t make any bloody sense to me?????

Last edited:
F :muted::muted: K! what’s going on in Russia??? I’m scratching my bloody head, I’m seeing blades have been laser stamped and they’re all back to printed stamped.

These blades are have been registered for sale in the North African Region. The
250 Carton specifically states this. The name of P&G agent with address and location (Agadir ) are also printed on the sides of the cartons and on the sides and back of the 250 carton.

I am sure I have Nacets printed exactly the same with an agent in Egypt, and another in Saudi Arabia. Both recent, and both non laser marked.

No issues with the Wizamets or the Nacets, both shave great as intended.

These blades are have been registered for sale in the North African Region. The
250 Carton specifically states this. The name of P&G agent with address and location (Agadir ) are also printed on the sides of the cartons and on the sides and back of the 250 carton.

I am sure I have Nacets printed exactly the same with an agent in Egypt, and another in Saudi Arabia. Both recent, and both non laser marked.

No issues with the Wizamets or the Nacets, both shave great as intended.
Okay. IF, you guys get any new blade from 2020 going forward..... I wanna know what’s the hell is going on.

For what it's worth, the only blades I've had from St Petersburg in the last year that have had the laser-etched markings have been Astra Super Stainless (Blue). Incidentally, also the only blades I haven't very much liked, but that's just my experience.

Hey Bomber... Stop playing around with the TNT.... what razor style aggression head fit into? looks like a DE89 and R89 or maybe towards a 34C aggression level?
I'll do a bit more of a review in a week or two once some work and study is out of the way. But for now the short version is; AGGRESSIVE. This is no DE89/R89, heaps of blade exposure and a huge blade gap.
y4mU5ndgk-vKNICgjwZG6NuJXJkZPM4AvrXjRDYlztjBZGHKGgnCGSDyxMWj1J2Q40xihADJQlXv9oktYFN86W0ZO-d1IZw5OH42WdRpvolgHghTCTtliKjf987u3K7nrzgEARDhX8BXPtV3qa4iTG11jGh0kD8GHmjdMrQlwwc9gkzVDMRRjy847djeb8VSaXpyuLFzVdPuYkzTwWrpAlIzw
y4mliDQLW66VvSFWKEHdtY-wSQ-D1iTA7uKOrWhU2ImnBwslcETOUp8Zm9DScIbdn6-xJUIvfrrIts5To9vWa6oy1zS6k1--3nQaNncgIKsljM5XzUyOrwd7ua96EhIFlBVUMG3p42HubpClnKdCJpAWadkLiydwwJmls7wqcxBBwoZQA1wRbwp7z8X4DkZxhRYj68TcgPGn4WJzJs4gmnf_A

I'll do a bit more of a review in a week or two once some work and study is out of the way. But for now the short version is; AGGRESSIVE. This is no DE89/R89, heaps of blade exposure and a huge blade gap.
y4mU5ndgk-vKNICgjwZG6NuJXJkZPM4AvrXjRDYlztjBZGHKGgnCGSDyxMWj1J2Q40xihADJQlXv9oktYFN86W0ZO-d1IZw5OH42WdRpvolgHghTCTtliKjf987u3K7nrzgEARDhX8BXPtV3qa4iTG11jGh0kD8GHmjdMrQlwwc9gkzVDMRRjy847djeb8VSaXpyuLFzVdPuYkzTwWrpAlIzw
y4mliDQLW66VvSFWKEHdtY-wSQ-D1iTA7uKOrWhU2ImnBwslcETOUp8Zm9DScIbdn6-xJUIvfrrIts5To9vWa6oy1zS6k1--3nQaNncgIKsljM5XzUyOrwd7ua96EhIFlBVUMG3p42HubpClnKdCJpAWadkLiydwwJmls7wqcxBBwoZQA1wRbwp7z8X4DkZxhRYj68TcgPGn4WJzJs4gmnf_A
Holy Shit :wideyed::jawdrop: looks similar aggression as a iKon Tech, but the blade gap looks wider.

What ever you do stay right away from the alum block, otherwise, you’ll be screaming like hell and start panicking the whole bloody neighborhood.

Last edited:
First trip hunting during the school holidays, I’ve stumbled upon a rare-ish two piece 1933 boxed English Gillette New #77 set.

It’s a bizarre combo that includes a past owner painting the handle grip and bottom knob white so it’s two tone. I like to think someone did it so they didn’t mix their razor up with their mates during WW2. It looks like it’s rhodium plated under the baseplate but then it looks like the top cap was swapped in for a gold one (and is now very rubbed).

I paid $50.

Holy Shit :wideyed::jawdrop: looks similar aggression as a iKon Tech, but the blade gap looks wider.

What ever you do stay right away from the alum block, otherwise, you’ll be screaming like hell and start panicking the whole bloody neighborhood.
To the contrary, it's that aggressive I've found it necessary to run the alum block over my face every time I walk past the bathroom:LOL:

First trip hunting during the school holidays, I’ve stumbled upon a rare-ish two piece 1933 boxed English Gillette New #77 set.

It’s a bizarre combo that includes a past owner painting the handle grip and bottom knob white so it’s two tone. I like to think someone did it so they didn’t mix their razor up with their mates during WW2. It looks like it’s rhodium plated under the baseplate but then it looks like the top cap was swapped in for a gold one (and is now very rubbed).

I paid $50.
Nice find.

To the contrary, it's that aggressive I've found it necessary to run the alum block over my face every time I walk past the bathroom:LOL:
Keep the alum block away from your hairy butt every time you walk past the bathroom, will sting twice as hell than your face, why? because Mr Butt Hole has a very sensitive skin, nerves and burns like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.