Sanofi Shave Cream - SR Shaving

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Shave cream by Sanofi, Australia, doesn't work for me with SR shaving. I had a tube of this cream left over from my wet-shaving cart days. I tried shaving with it when starting into SR shaving. It didn't work then but I thought that it might have been my technique. It wasn't.

Sanofi shaving cream just doesn't have the slickness that I desire when SR shaving. I tried it with different water concentrations but it just never really worked.

full

I use to use this shave cream when wet shaving with carts. It worked well then. Must have been the built-in slime strip on the cart that helped it work.

About the only thing this cream is good for with SR shaving is to show you where you have shaved, and that only lasts for a short time before it starts to dry on your face.

I bought a tube out of curiosity a while back. Serviceable cream, but you can get Gillette Pure - which is much better, for the same price when its half off at Colesworths. What I used to use with carts. I've got way too many quality soaps to bother with it now though.

I think this was called "faulding" shave cream before the company was sold.

Fairly crap cream from what I recall.
The Aussie palmolive cream and stick were much better.

now i dont SR shave but all thus talk about cream got me excited to try the proraso azur lime which is proraso's SR line, and have more slickness than the normal proraso soaps. If you guys like your creams this is def one to try, plenty of slickness

51730825747_4ee25e9a6f_b.jpg

I know this is a bit of an old thread, for a bit of a giggle I picked up a tube of the Sanofi Shave cream last night from my local Coles. For $2.50 it was worth the risk.

In all fairness, it actually works not too bad. It definitely feels like it's missing the tallow that I love in my soaps but in a pinch it will do the job when shaving DE.

The main downside is the smell.

The smell is almost identical to Bepanthen to me.

If they just added some other scent to it, it would be ok. Just not like Arko please. I hate the smell of Arko.

@Phunk you could also lash out and buy some Palmolive Regular cream (from Italy) for a little under $3 from IGA and compare.

The big bucks!

I think Coles has it as well but it was sold out.

I'm assuming it has to smell better than the Sanofi?

Jokes aside, I just ordered a jar of Tabac with the tallow blend. Hopefully it smells as good as people say it does

The big bucks!

I think Coles has it as well but it was sold out.

I'm assuming it has to smell better than the Sanofi?
Scent is very much a personal decision. I don't use soaps to attract other men. Almost all of my girlfriends prefer the scent of ARKO over all of my other shaving soaps.

Palmolive Regular cream from Italy has a very pleasant scent (to me and some of my girlfriends). My refined olfaction quite likes the citrus with floral undertones of ARKO.

Scent is very much a personal decision. I don't use soaps to attract other men. Almost all of my girlfriends prefer the scent of ARKO over all of my other shaving soaps.

Palmolive Regular cream from Italy has a very pleasant scent (to me and some of my girlfriends). My refined olfaction quite likes the citrus with floral undertones of ARKO.

:)

I prefer scents to attract me as it's on my face!

I lean towards Tonka Bean / Vanilla scents as my go to. Citrus I don't mind but floral notes I'm not a massive fan of.

The Mrs loves when I shave with Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood or with A&E St.Barts.

St.Barts is still my all time fave.