Review: A Brief Review of the Schick Krona

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
This will be a very brief review of the Schick Krona.

IiYDb4f.png

The razor is a metal head with plastic handle. It's a TTO (Turn to Open) razor with the knob to open the silo doors at the base of the handle.

It has Schick embedded in the head (on one of the silo doors) and on the base of the handle.

57UKild.png

It's mild in efficiency (with a small blade reveal and gap) but it's very smooth and comfortable to use. I've only used it with the Personna Blue but it's go very well if imagine with Feathers or Polsilvers.

A7QJ4jI.png

The let down IMO is the handle. It's too slippery with not enough grip. It also is very light, but I guess this helps with allowing you to let the weight of the head fall against the skin. If it was metal then you'd probably want to compensate and push the head too hard (rather than letting it do its work).

nLJC7Ph.png

This would be a great razor for a beginner since it's forgiving and comfortable to use. (I found mine in a garage sale so keep hunting! [emoji6])

You are right about these being great for beginners.

Nice review - they are a good intro razor

Great review. I found my Krona in a junk market in Vietnam, and after a good clean-up, it became one of my favourite razors. It's mild, relatively efficient and extremely comfortable. It might not be aggressive enough for some, but for me, it's a go-to razor for when I'm in a rush because it always delivers a solid shave and a relative guarantee of safety.