Recommend an aggressive razor

I do.
I will explain, because of the frequent bbs shaving I attain for on every shave, my already tough whiskers on the 2nd to 3rd day develop an extra Kevlar coating. They are tough. I never get more than 3 or 4 shaves tops from any DE blade. Normally 2-3 and blade becomes unusable.

I am a self admintant BBS shaver on every shave. I do achieve this 95% of the time.

The more aggresive the razor the closer the shave for me. This means less shaves per week and definately no daily shaving required. For instance, I shaved this past Sunday with an aggresssive razor and blade. Only today I can feel the stubble growth. It's not rough like sandpaper that I would normally get from using a milder razor and blade combo.
Tommorrow will be a Shave day. That's 3 days I have not needed to shave and no 5 o'clock shadow. BBS lasting me over 24-48 hours. Although I can achieve BBS with almost any razor with a sharp blade, there is more effort required and less time in between shaves. Using an aggressive razor and blade, for me works out more efficient. I have tuned my skills to be able to do so and be comfortable.

My skin has taken time to adjust to this. This did not happen over night. I had to learn and train my skin and shaving techniques over years. I still am constantly learning new razor, blade, and lathering combinations.

Example for myself .
For Me the R41 I can put on cruIse control with no issues. This is not an aggressive razor for me.
Merker Futur setting 6 gives me a good shave except for the moustache area where I have to buffer alot as I have a deep bridge under my nose.

Karve SB F plate I enjoy although to me it's a mid aggressive razor. I would like to try the G plate OC or SB.

I enjoy slant razors. The Yaqi and Wunderbar are decent.

I also enjoy Feather artist Club Shavettes. I am still learning to perfect my skills with the sharper blades, so I am cautious and take my time, to learn what works and what doesn't ( drawing blood :) )

I live my life 1 wet shave at a time.
For those 30 mins, I am free.

Appreciate the response and definitely understand that everyone is different.

Even with a BBS shave, within 5 hours I'm already getting the signs of the shadow and by 24 hours I can rub the paint off a car. My beard is pretty thick and grows quite quick.

Because I shave everyday, the R41 just isn't right for me, don't get me wrong, I love the way it shaves but it becomes more of a chore rather than the enjoyment I get when I cruise control with a milder razor and a sharper blade.

Even as we speak, I shaved yesterday at 4.30pm, it's 1.45pm now and I can feel the 80 grit sandpaper on my neck.. and I went WTG/XTG and ATG on the neck!

What is DFS?

Dam Fine Shave... sits below the BBS shave..

DFS doesnt cut it for me (pardon the pun) and always chase BBS.. except for this week where I am experimenting intentional shaves with mild razors between BBS days

I am finding this allows more hair to grown after DFS shaves to then be mowed down with the big guns and gives my face a 'day off' between BBS chasing

Even as we speak, I shaved yesterday at 4.30pm, it's 1.45pm now and I can feel the 80 grit sandpaper on my neck.. and I went WTG/XTG and ATG on the neck!

I know this feeling, and that's typical of myself using a razor that shaves anything less than a Karve SB #E plate. BBS that doesn't last long.

I use Errol's razor reviews as a standard to help guage my shaving requirements (thanks Errol). Also saved me a lot of cost not buying razors that promise the world, look the part, but won't deliver me the shave I am after.

Sounds like 'DFS' might summarise my general shave these days, I get a lot less irritation than I do when I go ATG. I like chasing the BBS, but the irritation just isn't worth it anymore.
That's why I've stopped chasing for BBS, no matter what type of aggression level of razors you choose or blades.

Mmm I need another r41...

edit:so if you are looking to offload one you know who to message

Last edited:
All you thrill seeking R41 and other aggro razor chasers really need to try the Gillette Rubies. I don't know how but they make the shave less aggressive without losing sharpness and therefore increase efficiency. Doesn't mean you can shave on carefree autopilot, bur definitely worth a try.

Why do you need another R41? Not getting enough Grand Poobah during your shaves, because, you sold it many ages ago.
Mine is a catch and release kind of collection...

ha! I'm a collector kinda guy, even though I don't use it, I like it because it's shiny! :)

The only razor I can honestly say I've used once and never again is my 34C.. It's not even on display in the shaving cabinet, it's in a drawer. The DE89 won out my love for a mild shave.

cYljS7tgRyVJTqAmrzmf4m0Wh6VfSInfczU5OfbPUTX9MH9nMrlRsrc4EtHbr0QtPRC7Np8HZmpB66NJGHILYxp30RFhDrC5KJ465TATKOtjJwlG5JJZZOA-ArYHduVu3MIzBkP2b2Rfq4RbWMqBzAodJIYYVerIR6JI5b6rlw