Polsilver and Wizamet blades?

tim33z

King of 'Spoilers' 2019!
Grand Society
2018 Sabbatical Fail
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the difference between the current Polsilver SI and the Wizamet SI blades?
Is there any difference between them?
I see that Wizamet's come in packs of 250 blades (10 to a tuck).

tenor.gif

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the difference between the current Polsilver SI and the Wizamet SI blades?
Is there any difference between them?
I see that Wizamet's come in packs of 250 blades (10 to a tuck).

The blue box wizamet are exactly the same as current production Polsilver.

The production of the blades had already shifted to Russia (PPI plant) but the packaging was changed later to what is the current packaging.

The brown box wizamet are quite different. They are smoother but not as sharp as current production.

The production of the blades had already shifted to Russia (PPI plant) but the packaging was changed later to what is the current packaging.

The brown box wizamet are quite different. They are smoother but not as sharp as current production.
Thanks Nav.
Are the blue boxed Wizamet still being produced, or are they labeled as the Polsilver SI (which i know you have a tuck or 2 in storage!)

That packaging (blue box "iridium super") was discontinued back in 14/15. Now it's only the Polsilver SI packaging.

Just to follow up on this comment...The packaging had reversed.

The 5 blade Polsilver super iridium pack has been discontinued and the 10 blade iridium super packaging is back.

Whatever packaging they come in, they're never cheap these days. They almost make cartridges look cheap.*

* They do not make cartridges look cheap.

Are the Brown one made in Poland as I've seen the packaging showing Polish writing or are they also made in PPI (Russia)?

Are the Brown one made in Poland as I've seen the packaging showing Polish writing or are they also made in PPI (Russia)?
Just has a quick look at the Wizamet Polsilver brown stainless I have in my den, there's no country or manufacture made information label on the pack at all.

They're made from Lodz factory in Poland NOS, because, I got it directly from shaving.ie when they've used to sell 200 blades in bulk and I bought 1000 blades about 3 or 4 years ago.
See link:- https://www.shaving.ie/products/100-polsilver-blades.html

Just has a quick look at the Wizamet Polsilver brown stainless I have in my den, there's no country or manufacture made information label on the pack at all.

They're made from Lodz factory in Poland NOS, because, I got it directly from shaving.ie when they've used to sell 200 blades in bulk and I bought 1000 blades about 3 or 4 years ago.
See link:- https://www.shaving.ie/products/100-polsilver-blades.html
Thanks for the clarification :)

Any suggestions for the best place to buy SI's these days? Thinking I might break a 5-year sabbatical and join the Grand Society at the same time.

Someone help me out - Iridium Supers are back and the Polsilver's are NOS or gone?

Several members recently purchased Wizamet blades from here.
https://wizashave.com/products/250-wizamet-super-iridium-de-blades-made-in-russia

Due to certain shipping restrictions, the vendor has decided to ship everyones order together to one P&C member who will distribute locally once the delivery has arrived as a precaution from missing orders. (hopefully used a non economic carrier option).

You could call it a Proxy group buy.

Several members recently purchased Wizamet blades from here.
https://wizashave.com/products/250-wizamet-super-iridium-de-blades-made-in-russia

Due to certain shipping restrictions, the vendor has decided to ship everyones order together to one P&C member who will distribute locally once the delivery has arrived as a precaution from missing orders. (hopefully used a non economic carrier option).

You could call it a Proxy group buy.
Unfortunately the seller has sent mixed messages regarding the orders and may have only sent part of the orders...? Attempts at getting clarification have gone silent and I'm tempted to open a dispute with paypal and cancel my order as I've been patient and willing to help so we all get our blades but the guy just quotes the same thing with no progress... :mad: I was happy paying express postage just to get my order but he's gone super quiet! (n)

I am willing to wait 30 days. If nothing happens then I will file paypal item not received.

Razor last time he tried to mess me around with the same BS. I paypal'd him and he refunded Immediatly.
He tried BS about being my brother and not his fault etc etc. Blah blah blah.

Keep mind guys, sometime your package can take up to at least 5 or 7 weeks during the pandemic crisis during the International delivery and you need to respect their COVID safety policy from there own country or state outside of the Australian border.

Otherwise, if, you can’t be patient enough and you’ve got nothing better to do than waiting for your bloody package to arrive.

Go and build a teleport for an easy peasy bloody International delivery.

giphy.gif

I am willing to wait 30 days. If nothing happens then I will file paypal item not received.

Razor last time he tried to mess me around with the same BS. I paypal'd him and he refunded Immediatly.
He tried BS about being my brother and not his fault etc etc. Blah blah blah.
What has me unimpressed is that I offered to take the bulk order and assumed progress was made but he'd apparently offered the same to other buyers. All good as we're majority P&C members so can easily organise local distribution but then silence... Only to findout that he's arranged to post part of the bulk order and complete silence when I ask to check what's happening!? Has my order been posted/cancelled no idea so I'll wait this week and claim a refund... Feel like an idiot as I thought he meant well but fool me once... (n) Now I need to find another seller that isn't from Morocco as expect similar mucking around...? :X3:

@Razor Burn
@rhodes96
@Holiday

Alright boys, I’ve tagged you because I know your names were included in an email I received from the seller.

There is one other name as well, but not sure he is on here. He’s from Quakers Hill I learned.

So I got a reply from the seller saying he has split the order to ‘avoid customs problems’ and also coinciding with a national holiday there. He claims to be posting the remainder on Monday (local time) so now I expect 2 parcels to be coming.

I don’t care if you boys wanna wait until he again hopefully confirms he’s posted them all and then cancel accordingly though PayPal? I’d be happy to toss them in the post for postage cost only if you wanted. No skin off my back and teach him a lesson perhaps!

Overall the whole thing hasn’t been ideal. Definitely a bit of false advertising on his part and so on but I guess it’s pretty typical of that part of the world.

We’re closing in on a month by now right?