Pb Sorro

Pbgoose

It's been some time now since I first used Copaiba essential oil and built 'Pb Copaiba'. I love Copaiba, it has some marvelous properties, scent and therapeutic. I've used it regularly in my shave soaps and other preparations. I've been wanting to do another soap based on Copaiba but slightly more subtle. Copaiba in 'Pb Copaiba' was very much to the fore.

The name is a convoluted thought train wanting to give a nod to the Brazilian roots of Copaiba. During the building of the scent the intial additions of Lemon and Ginger gave the scent an airy/flighty feel so I was thinking maybe a name based on a bird. I wanted the scent to follow a darker/earthier trail so included White Birch, Carrot Seed Oil, Cade, Vetiver etc. So then I was thinking earth based animal - fox (Brazilian of course) - Pampas Fox - Spanish (Zorro) - Portuguese (Sorro, suggested by Wikipedia). I haven't had my Portuguese speaking contact verify it yet but I'll run with it because there's also a childrens book called 'A Fox called Sorrow', a fantasy story. Well, if that doesn't convince you we've been in lock down too long...............

The base is an iteration of the original Copaiba base. Added Avocado and Emu oils.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Castor Oil, Tallow (Beef), Coconut Oil, Lanolin, Hemp Oil, Avocado Oil, Emu Oil, Shea Butter, Water (RO), KOH, NaOH, Tussah Silk, Bentonite, Glycerine, Essential Oils.
Essential Oils: Copaiba, Ginger, Lemon, Lavandin, Rose, Geranium, Vanilla, Frankincense, Palo Santo, Sandalwood, Clove, Cinnamon, Benzoin, Vetiver, Gurjun Balsam, Cade, White Birch, Carrot Seed Oil.

I've been hanging around the scent over the last few days and am pretty happy with it. There's some similarities to Drachenblut and RK with the resiny sweetness but Sorro stands alone with a stronger darker base lent by the smoky White Birch and Cade and earthiness of the Vetiver and Carrot Seed Oil.

Yt7PBlfl.jpg
hx8aPwDl.jpg