New badger w00t

JugV2

Simply boring.
I caught up with Drubbing last week and bought a badger brush from him.
Lovingly treated I must say.
This is my first badger and I now know why one would spend so much more on a badger.
I love my Semogue but this brush is something else.
It feels luxurious on the skin and works a minimal amount of cream into an explosion in the bowl.
The handle is a great fit.
Just a classy bit of kit all round really.
It came in a Truefit box; Drubbing what model is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear it's a hit. It should suit you well, it's a fair sized brush when it's full of lather.

It's the Truefitt & Hill Wellington - a re-badged Rooney 1/2. They're the same brush, although T&H claim they get Rooney to stuff them denser, but I don't know about that, as there's no specs available for density in brushes.

It's an absolute lather monster.

I called the bride into the bathroom to check out the amazing amount of lather it created as I was so impressed.

Protip: womenfolk don't always share a wetshaver's enthusiasm.

I caught up with Drubbing last week and bought a ....... brush from him......... It came in a Truefit box; Drubbing what model is it?..........

Does it have a distinct lean? Nice painted wooden handle? Did he tell you it's a bit scritchy but it'll break in nicely? Great touch Drubbing, putting the Drooling Banjo brush in a Truefit and Hill box. Poor JugV2 never stood a chance.

Ha no, it isn't the Bunbury Special.

I'll put up a pic in the next few days.

It's an absolute lather monster.

I called the bride into the bathroom to check out the amazing amount of lather it created as I was so impressed.

Protip: womenfolk don't always share a wetshaver's enthusiasm.

Sad but true

Sad but true
Yeah, they aren't interested unless you make the lather for them.
Tried with the mrs (had too as they were getting pretty skeptical about all these razors I bought).
Gave them the SS blue (complained), Gave them the g2000 (long plastic handle). That should have been better, as we know angle is everything and you need a long handle to get a decent angle with such a long length to shave, plus it's just easier to reach. But they still used canned foam with both those DEs, complained of cuts and gave up on them.

End of the day they won't get a decent shave with canned foam while using a DE, but don't want to make lather themselves, also they shave in the shower, can't make lather in the shower.
So to impress them you are going to have to be standing outside the shower, making it and be waiting for when they need it. Then they'll be impressed. :)

Last edited:
It's mothers day soon - why not shave their legs (just once mind you, don't set a dangerous precedent) with DE goodness to show how awesome it can be?