Mostochlegmash Corporation (Rapiras and Voskhods etc)

JugV2

Simply boring.
So I was looking at the cardboard on the pillar of Voskhods I recently received, and noticed a web site for the manufacturer.

I went to the website and checked out their page, it's in Russian

No big deal, I thought, they have a nice English button there for International visitors.

So I clocked on it and the entire site turned to Latin!

http://www.mtlm.net/eng/index.html

That's pretty odd. I don't speak Latin, having never been there. Probably full of foreigners.

It's not latin, it is fill text. Basically, just guff that is used to fill in a text box before any content is added.

Try this version, Google Translate

So I was looking at the cardboard on the pillar of Voskhods I recently received, and noticed a web site for the manufacturer.

I went to the website and checked out their page, it's in Russian

No big deal, I thought, they have a nice English button there for International visitors.

So I clocked on it and the entire site turned to Latin!

Mostochlegmash Corporate Website

That's pretty odd. I don't speak Latin, having never been there. Probably full of foreigners.

Full of Latinos. They all drive lowriders and listen to flo' rider. Cart users, everyone of em.

It's not latin, it is fill text. Basically, just guff that is used to fill in a text box before any content is added.

..and is known by the first two words written there... Lorem ipsum

Well you learn something new every day.

I just glanced over it and failed to detect the obvious repetition and it looked kinda latinish.

hell, what do I know, I grew up in Darwin.

Ninja Edit:

This just in:

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Bless my cotton pickin socks. Here I was thinking my life could get no more complete when along comes Jug with a brain snapping erudite dissertation on the origins of Lorem Ipsum. If I should go now it will be with a contented smile on my face.