Lanolin irritation and Mikes Natural

From Auspost's website:
Letter size and weight guidelines
We classify a letter as an item that:
  • weighs less than 500g
  • is no thicker than 20mm
  • contains flexible items - nothing rigid or inflexible
  • has a rectangular shape
  • is no bigger than a B4 envelope (260mm x 360mm x 20mm)
If your item doesn't fit this criteria, we'd classify it as a parcel. View domestic parcel services.

In other words, just put a $1.10 stamp on the envelope and stick it in a mailbox, don't give anyone the opportunity to argue.

Incidentally, I'm told that here in the boonies of TAS, you can put your outgoing mail in your OWN letterbox with a red rag tied somehow to the box, and your mail man/lady will take it and send it on its way. I've never done it, but my neighbors have.

From Auspost's website:
Letter size and weight guidelines
We classify a letter as an item that:
  • weighs less than 500g
  • is no thicker than 20mm
  • contains flexible items - nothing rigid or inflexible
  • has a rectangular shape
  • is no bigger than a B4 envelope (260mm x 360mm x 20mm)
If your item doesn't fit this criteria, we'd classify it as a parcel. View domestic parcel services.

In other words, just put a $1.10 stamp on the envelope and stick it in a mailbox, don't give anyone the opportunity to argue.

Incidentally, I'm told that here in the boonies of TAS, you can put your outgoing mail in your OWN letterbox with a red rag tied somehow to the box, and your mail man/lady will take it and send it on its way. I've never done it, but my neighbors have.

My posted item met all those conditions !

I was sending other items that were genuine $8.95 options. Also any tracking is also min $8.95. Massively getting fleeced.
Again, I will refrain myself from any comments that may be deamed misogynistic in case we have some Karen reading this thread. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that). :rolleyes:

@Holiday if you want to try the Mike's, we could do a short-term swap of something? I'll send you my last tin of Orange & Peppercorn to try for a week, you send me something cool like Stirling or Tcheon Fung Sing? Hit me up with what you got if you want to have a crack.
Should bring back the sample trade. Chuck a 20c piece sized soap sample in some backing paper, whack it in an envelope and pay $1.10 postage. exchange samples so someone isn't copping the cost of sending product and postage.
Hi @Mong. happy to trade a few Stirling samples for Mike's Natural. I have actual samples of Piacenza and Stirling Spice that would fit in an envelope.
My local Post Office pulls out a template and checks they fit through the slot.
Managed to send a dismantled razor once.

mvBkBnH.jpg

Seems to me that Stirling sample sizes are unnecessarily huge. I'm pretty sure most of us would be able to make up their minds about a soap with a maximum of 5 shaves, so a modest scrape off the top of a puck should be enough.

One of them didn't even make it as far as one shave: Agar. I absolutely hated it, it almost made me gag. (Others, of course, will love it.) However, in my case, it seems to be a pretty effective deterrent for possums when smeared on fruit trees. Maybe I will order a full tub after all, just don't tell @Ozwhisker that's what I'm using it for... :censored:

Wouldn’t think so, if, some arsehole from the Aussie Post pick up a weird scent from the envelope or small package. Chances are he/she may open it without your approval, or, pass it to the bloody dog for caution and stuffing drugs detection custom swat.
And now if the item is too thick to fit through a mail opening you will have no choice but to pay a min of $8.95 regards of the weight. I got slugged this the other day for posting something 15mm thick weighing 30grams.

I've sent maybe 20 samples like this in the last month or so, even-handed some over the counter at a post office and had no issues. If it was too thick I got charge $2.20 for a large letter.

I usually tape all the sides of the envelope as sometimes the soft soaps get caught in the automated machines and tears the envelope. Never had an issue since I started taping. I've sent and received blades with soap too

Seems to me that Stirling sample sizes are unnecessarily huge. I'm pretty sure most of us would be able to make up their minds about a soap with a maximum of 5 shaves, so a modest scrape off the top of a puck should be enough.

One of them didn't even make it as far as one shave: Agar. I absolutely hated it, it almost made me gag. (Others, of course, will love it.) However, in my case, it seems to be a pretty effective deterrent for possums when smeared on fruit trees. Maybe I will order a full tub after all, just don't tell @Ozwhisker that's what I'm using it for... :censored:
I find the Stirling samples to be bloody great, I'd love to be able to buy smaller sizes of many scents that I love than fewer larger tubs from a cost perspective

Hi @Mong. happy to trade a few Stirling samples for Mike's Natural. I have actual samples of Piacenza and Stirling Spice that would fit in an envelope.

mvBkBnH.jpg
t2807.gif
Stirling Spice and Piacenza, GOD!! I love Stirling soaps, I'm so glad to have 26 different scents (tubs) in my den.

@Holiday thanks mate, let me get back to you when I've resolved my ever increasing number of disputes with the postal service

t2807.gif
Stirling Spice and Piacenza, GOD!! I love Stirling soaps, I'm so glad to have 26 different scents (tubs) in my den.

These two are my rainy day soaps but I dont know if that day will ever come :) I only have 30 in total from all artisans in the den and seems too many

These two are my rainy day soaps but I dont know if that day will ever come :) I only have 30 in total from all artisans in the den and seems too many
You've only got 30 tubs in your den Grasshopper, I have a total of 138 tubs in my den throughout the rotation for each soap and I have a very serious mental health rabbit hole problem, far BIGGER than yours.

You've only got 30 tubs in your den Grasshopper, I have a total of 138 tubs in my den throughout the rotation for each soap and I have a very serious mental health rabbit hole problem, far BIGGER than yours.

HOLIDAY OUT