Inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RustyBlade wins a chocolate fish.
Yeah, had to get that Birch bark handle V4 didn't I?
You know, with all that enabling going on I figured maybe that's worth a punt.
If it's not up to scratch I'll bung it on the BST after the first couple of weeks.
Still wanting that Taiga though (don't really like the REX).
Or, as @Errol said...next time a Rocnel Sailor maybe.

@RustyBlade wins a chocolate fish.
Yeah, had to get that Birch bark handle V4 didn't I?
You know, with all that enabling going on I figured maybe that's worth a punt.
If it's not up to scratch I'll bung it on the BST after the first couple of weeks.
Still wanting that Taiga though (don't really like the REX).
Or, as @Errol said...next time a Rocnel Sailor maybe.

I thought that was obvious ...

It's all your fault @Mark1966 as I could have been happy (maybe) with just an R94 or R96...as mentioned by @StratMan and @SpeedyPC .
But you said (commanded) "get the Birch bark handle"...so who am I to argue? I bought the R95 through that 'evil bay' place.
Could only find a V3 here in NZ, and the evil bay price was cheaper anyway.
Looked at B&B but they don't sell to NZ. I wudda if I cudda...sorry B&B had to spend my $$ elsewhere.
Does look lovely though. Hope it shaves as well as you guys say.
Next step is finally unpacking and selling off a few razors that I haven't used for many months now.
Hope everyone is safe and well. I'd love to come back to Aussie for a trip with the Missus, but that's on hold now for a couple of years I guess.

It's all your fault @Mark1966 as I could have been happy (maybe) with just an R94 or R96...as mentioned by @StratMan and @SpeedyPC .
But you said (commanded) "get the Birch bark handle"...so who am I to argue? I bought the R95 through that 'evil bay' place.
Could only find a V3 here in NZ, and the evil bay price was cheaper anyway.
Looked at B&B but they don't sell to NZ. I wudda if I cudda...sorry B&B had to spend my $$ elsewhere.
Does look lovely though. Hope it shaves as well as you guys say.
Next step is finally unpacking and selling off a few razors that I haven't used for many months now.
Hope everyone is safe and well. I'd love to come back to Aussie for a trip with the Missus, but that's on hold now for a couple of years I guess.
No, I like the way you're thinking though @Errol
I didn't get an adjustable 'this time'. Maybe will if the new incoming is actually rubbish (and all the enabling comments on here are over-hyped, and wrong).

have no fear elblacko it’s the beez kneez, look forward to your comments

But you said (commanded) "get the Birch bark handle"... so who am I to argue? ...

Great wisdom there! Can you please encourage others (like my family) to take the same approach?

Less sure about the wisdom of evil-bay but ...

I'm seriously thinking of getting the R95 for myself as the R94 might be heading to my oldman as a replacement for his R41...?

He's having struggles managing the blade feel in his old age and would prefer the smoothness of the Rocca... :unsure: That's if I can part with it first! :censored:

That's quick service...my R95 is in Auckland already (from England).
Now it will slow down drastically as NZ Post farts about. Probably take over a week just to travel the last few hundred kilometres.
Will take the needed Covid protections though...wipe parcel down with alcohol wipes, open parcel, wipe down all items inside.
Then wash razor in hot soapy water (even though it's had an alcohol wipe). Dump all wrappings in the rubbish bin.
Don't want to take any chances with Covid nasties.
Then...lather up and try her out!

Now it will slow down drastically as NZ Post farts about. Probably take over a week just to travel the last few hundred kilometres.
Geee! Horse I didn’t know that many postal kiwi could fart, and then start complaining about Chinese virus before you get your package.

Can't be too careful @SpeedyPC
Coming in from the UK there's no saying what might be lurking on the parcel.
Maybe the UK Postal guys are grubby buggers? Don't bother washing their hands, etc?
I'm being a safe Kiwi, and you guys should be safe 'Roos too.
I figure the razor is placed in the Muhle box at the factory by a robot. That bit 'should' be clean, but I'm not taking the chance...clean and clean again.

Can't be too careful @SpeedyPC
Coming in from the UK there's no saying what might be lurking on the parcel.
Maybe the UK Postal guys are grubby buggers? Don't bother washing their hands, etc?
I'm being a safe Kiwi, and you guys should be safe 'Roos too.
I figure the razor is placed in the Muhle box at the factory by a robot. That bit 'should' be clean, but I'm not taking the chance...clean and clean again.
Very sensible advice and I'll be sure to do the same once it reaches AUS. (y)

Judging by your recent experience it shouldn't take too long before I can admire the beauty that is the Rocca R95! :nailbiting::love:

Status
Not open for further replies.