HOB Inaugural Hobart meet-up

glenos

.. is a GRANDPA now!
2018 Sabbatical
2015 Sabbatical
As discussed in the Christmas splash. The first Hobart meet up is proposed. Somewhere in town, wharf or Salamanca.

@sealer give me a suggestion. We could even do a coffee one morning, it's pretty easy for me to slip out of the office and wander down to you.

Is there anyone else in Tas or Hobart on here?

As discussed in the Christmas splash. The first Hobart meet up is proposed. Somewhere in town, wharf or Salamanca.

@sealer give me a suggestion. We could even do a coffee one morning, it's pretty easy for me to slip out of the office and wander down to you.

Is there anyone else in Tas or Hobart on here?
I was there over the weekend. If this was organised earlier, i'd have caught up with you guys.

Cooffe sounds good to me too. or fast lunch but that can be more problematic for people in terms of timing (if people likes pizza Wednesday Cargo pizzas are half prize all day, also in the restaurant next to it, so share large pizza / medium pizza + pint is not that expensive).
People of TAS/Hobart, show yourselves :)

I was there over the weekend. If this was organised earlier, i'd have caught up with you guys.

Dude, you should have said something... things are quite relaxed down under mainland, in the legendary apple island and sure something could have been arranged :(

Anyone travel to Tass should mention it, if has free-spare time to talk about shaving, life, have some pints, and show some goodies :)

I think I have to mention explicitly my interest regarding the APR Festivus in this thread, so I do it. I am happy to cover the expenses of sending to TAS, but let just talk about all this next wednesday too. I am not happy about getting it posted home as for example, next friday I'll leasve for 12 days to the furneaux, and I may have to do another field trip soonish afterwards, and I go a bit crazy if I have something on the post while far home.
Also, as @glenos is on sabattical, I reckon I should bring this year APR splashes releases, but don't forget to bring small bottles to pick up some amounts of your choices, I am struggling to get smallish bottles around (if you know where, please let me know). Anything but Le Santals or Skye fall (I don't have them) will be around :)
Also some other stuff I have, not the very best, but maybe not that usual around down under....
cheers
Fer

I've nominated for Festivus to come to me. We will have to organise a second meet up once it arrives will be around 2 weeks from now.

For Wednesday, I am planning to bring a few blades and maybe a soap to offload.

Do you have contacts in the IMAS Gas Chromatography lab? They might has some head space vials you could misappropriate, 😉.

How is 1pm for pizza?

I've nominated for Festivus to come to me. We will have to organise a second meet up once it arrives will be around 2 weeks from now.

For Wednesday, I am planning to bring a few blades and maybe a soap to offload.

Do you have contacts in the IMAS Gas Chromatography lab? They might has some head space vials you could misappropriate, 😉.

How is 1pm for pizza?

I can misappropriate some stuff from some marine inorganic chemist, but from people working with marine trace metal elements so it would most likely be smallish vials. I'll check their shelves tomorrow, and they welcome me to borrow something cheap (I've doing free stuff for them like coding HR plots for publications etc). Anyway I have a source of ugly bottles, but they are just... ugly.
1 pm would be perfect. First one to arrive shall put a splash bottle (or something shaving related) in the table to make easy to be noticed by next in arrival xD.
Probably better, we should book it so it would be linked to a name, as 1 pm can be a bit busy as they have the half prize pizza special on Wednesday.

We can make the second metting once I am back from Flinder, I shall came back the 11th

10 plastic containers has been misappropriated this afternoon from the marine geochemistry lab :whistle:
I'll pass through Cargo on Tuesday for booking a table for Wed 1 pm (y)

Do any of the guys in geochemistry know much about total Phosphorus analysis? I have a background in nutrients analysis and have a tricky situation where two labs have very different results for the same samples.

I'd like to have a chat about it.

Do any of the guys in geochemistry know much about total Phosphorus analysis? I have a background in nutrients analysis and have a tricky situation where two labs have very different results for the same samples.

I'd like to have a chat about it.

I'll ask. My matre works with neodymium, protactinium, thorium, completely different stuff.... but I have been in the past involved in some analysis regarding algae blooms and nutrient enrichment (from salmon farms) in the Derwent, so I may know who to ask.....I'll check

I am proud to report the Hobart chapter of Paste and Cut has met.

@sealer brought along a selection of APR scents for me to sniff. He kindly let me walk away with his bottle of Fenchurch as a loaner to see if I like this fancy smelly stuff. I'm really a simple guy with simple needs so we will see.

I took along a small selection of vintage blades for him to try.

There was a lengthy discussion about charismatic mega fauna and @sealer's propensity to trap them

2 bottles confirmed, will be posted out on Monday.

I was a great imaugural meeting. Dry nice tks with. @glenos also orchids and how good is life in the aple island. I didnt have time to try the freebies I got, neither tto post here till now. I AM stranded on an small island chasing muttonbirds!!!
We have to arrange next one in a couple of weeks!!

What the... Even the NT has had 2 meets!