If you only kept 5 soaps what would they be?

Hi Gents a few new unheard of artisans there:
Oaken Lab
Is this artisan in Bali? Do they post aftershaves or did you purchase through TheStrayWhisker
I could easily survive with just The Gentleman's Quarter soaps though.
Do you order from the artisan in USA or another distributor

+ 2 for Stirling Black Cherry = must try :)

Hi Gents a few new unheard of artisans there:

Is this artisan in Bali? Do they post aftershaves or did you purchase through TheStrayWhisker

You can purchase direct From Indonesia, you need to email or call them first.

Original formulation I purchased through the Stray Whisker, newer V3 purchased through West Coast Shaving. There was an exclusive to WCS that I wanted to try.

Last edited:
No love for Proraso green? Modern artisan soaps offer superior scent and performance but for how many of us was this our first entry into the world of traditional wet shaving. For me it has a classic scent and good, reliable performance - I'll always have a soft spot for this one.

No love for Proraso green? Modern artisan soaps offer superior scent and performance but for how many of us was this our first entry into the world of traditional wet shaving. For me it has a classic scent and reliable performance - I'll always have a soft spot for this one.
I'm using it now. With only 4 core it kinda falls outside the rotation. Of the more commercial soaps Tabac is my favourite.

No love for Proraso green? Modern artisan soaps offer superior scent and performance but for how many of us was this our first entry into the world of traditional wet shaving. For me it has a classic scent and good, reliable performance - I'll always have a soft spot for this one.

Have you tried the Proraso Single Edge series creams?
From experience significantly better residual slickness and post shave feel.
This is one of the commercial products I rate very highly.

The Gentleman's Quarter soaps...
https://store7615153.ecwid.com/SHAVING-SOAP-c15519942

The artisan soap maker is Colleen. Nice lady.
Will send samples for cost of postage.
She has cut back on the range of soaps now. When I bought there were a few more scents available.
But...nothing shabby about this soap. Very, very good stuff, and her Bay Rum would be one of the best I've used (I bought 2 of them and an 'Orange Patchouli').
Seems like I bought that one in time as not on her list anymore.
And yes, @Holiday...buy direct from Colleen.

Can't believe Mystic Waters still has not been mentioned here...

This is a bit like my Desert Island Soaps poll a few weeks ago, but a choice of 5 makes it more interesting.

I tend to be disappointed more often than not with soaps (and I don't fancy unscented), so right now I would give just 3:
Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Noble Otter Two Kings
Castle Forbes Lavender

However, I've got a few more in the post that I hope will change my mind...
For unscented,just get some essential oil and add to your preference.
Normally,2 drops max

Some English leather to wash with
Some of the soap I recently received from an ex-member
and for shaving
Arko!!!!! stick
Arko!!!!! tub
And of Arko!!!!! cream.