Hi from Proserpine

Collo77

Hello gents
I’ve been into shaving with straights since my teens so 20 or more years , for the last 16 of those years I’ve been into razor resto’s and custom blades on and off. I’ve just started a small company for production straights all handmade here in OZ. Just thought I’d sign up for if anyone had any questions or query’s.
Cheers
Steve

Welcome to P&C @Collo77 - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @Collo77, I’ve always been interested in straights but my left hand skills are appalling and I worry about the maintenance required to keep the razor in top condition. I have seen some of your gear on eBay, are you selling elsewhere?

Welcome @Collo77, I’ve always been interested in straights but my left hand skills are appalling and I worry about the maintenance required to keep the razor in top condition. I have seen some of your gear on eBay, are you selling elsewhere?
Thanks for the welcome, just selling on eBay for the moment. My wife’s setting up a Facebook shop that should be done shortly, might get a web site later. As for maintaining a straight you just dry them off after use and strop and depending on usage mine doesn’t usually hit a stone for 6 to 12 months.

giphy.gif

forget the non dominant hand as an issue,
I am only a right handed str8 user for over 7 years no trust in the gumby hand

forget the non dominant hand as an issue,
I am only a right handed str8 user for over 7 years no trust in the gumby hand
I find the idea of shaving with str8s attractive, but as a daily head and face shaver, I doubt if it would be viable for me. Sure, I have seen YouTube clips of people using str8s on their head, but not too many showing XTG/ATG at the back of the head without doing an insane dance with a hand mirror in the lazy hand. Probably a bridge too far for me, since I've spent much of my life without using a mirror at all.