Hi Folks

Hi, I’m Sean.

I’ve been wet shaving for about 10 years and use DE razors. My favorite soaps are made by Mike’s Natural Soaps. At the moment I like his unscented the best. I lather in a bowl with a synthetic brush from Mr Fine. I’ve used badger silver tip brushes but find I like the one from Mr Fine better. I’m currently using one that is, I think, 7 years old and still like new. My favorite blades have been Persona Med Prep blades.

My wife and I retired 3 years ago and moved to the woods of the Keweenaw Peninsula in the state of Michigan, USA. Few people live near us but that’s how we like it.

I joined the Paste and Cut forum to say thank you. My most resent razor was a MÜHLE R89TWIST closed comb that died after only 5 years of use. And I wanted to replace it with something better that would last longer. As I am want to do, I began searching forums for those who know more than I and have experience they are willing to share. Searching here lead me to my next razor, The Karve Christopher Bradley stainless steel wide body. I got the open and closed combs in B. It should arrive soon.

So. Thank You.

Sean

Welcome. Nice to have you. And it’s great to have members from abroad :)

Welcome @Sean In The Woods !

Keweenaw Peninsula looks like a fascinating place from a little Googling around.

Welcome @Sean In The Woods !

Keweenaw Peninsula looks like a fascinating place from a little Googling around.
We like it. Sunsets are nice.

lk-sup-10x7.png

To be fair, this is the best of the lot.

Welcome @Sean In The Woods, congratulations on your retirement and getting to spend your twilight years in such a beautiful place.
I don't suppose there is much enabling if you are a single razor and 7 year old brush type of shaver.
I was so proud my first boar lasted 3 years now I have 1 for every week of the year and they are still breeding
Anyway, if you want a beautiful brush to match that sunset head over to Troy Tools thread and check out his latest creation.
You could always add an AP Shave Co G5C knot to it :)