Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

With all the negativity in th the news and media , plus the gloomy weather I need something tp brighten thigs up. My oother obsession is caps & berets. . This beauty is hand made , created from Molloy & Sons Donegal Tweed. Fully lined'

Have you tried, The Well-Dressed Head?

With all the negativity in th the news and media , plus the gloomy weather I need something tp brighten thigs up. My oother obsession is caps & berets. . This beauty is hand made , created from Molloy & Sons Donegal Tweed. Fully lined'

I like your style @Nico (y)

Always a great feature of CBR meet ups!

New to me Loake Burfords with GYW Dainite soles. Not bad for $115 posted when new they are RRP $599

Seem quite comfy on first brief wear. Well maintained, smell of Saphir, with box and bags

Seem quite comfy on first brief wear. Well maintained, smell of Saphir, with box and bags
Nice. I've always liked brogues, and a brogue boot is useful. A good thing about light tan is you can easily modify the colour with other boot polishes, or even leather dye if you need an extreme change.

Not sure if this counts, but I'm on the pre-order and have to wait another 1.5 weeks for the new Galaxy Note 20 Ultra to be delivered.

I've been dragging my phone along currently but it's on its last legs.. Hopefully the new kit will be up to the challenge and feels good going back to a Note series, I've missed that pen.

Finally managed to snag a good 2nd hand SCMS. Now will just need to make a mitre bench to put it on :)

ZKaOJrLm.jpg

5OO2pnI.jpg
13 Beatles records-

these belonged to my father, he bought them the day after John Lennon was shot; after my father passed my mum gave away a lot of stuff in an effort to keep busy and clear up the house to move.
The record collection went to a band mate of my dads but yesterday he gave these back to my mum to give to me knowing that I’m just starting to really get into the Beatles.

Last edited:
5OO2pnI.jpg
13 Beatles records-

these belonged to my father, he bought them the day after John Lennon was shot; after my father passed my mum gave away a lot of stuff in an effort to keep busy and clear up the house to move.
The record collection went to a band mate of my dads but yesterday he gave these back to my mum to give to me knowing that I’m just starting to really get into the Beatles.
I love this. Beautiful.

Is that a piece of Aluminium off one of the decommissioned planes ?

Yep, these are cut from the skins of decommissioned planes.

They have a few different ones, this is from the first QF plane they have done, VH-OJN known as "The City of Dubbo". To slow to get the red/gold or white/gold ones so wanted to get the red while I could.

You can see them here. I got mine customed engraved with my name, QFF number instead of address and phone number so it will actually be a luggage tag - not a "collectible" per see.

Do love a little "self-gifting" on Father's Day - at least that is my excuse AND it was on a great special, so I'm actually saving money ...

SaU3Pybl.jpg

Thanks to somebody here who mentioned Diplomatico was on special. The JD was an impulse buy to try ...

Do love a little "self-gifting" on Father's Day - at least that is my excuse AND it was on a great special, so I'm actually saving money ...

SaU3Pybl.jpg

Thanks to somebody here who mentioned Diplomatico was on special. The JD was an impulse buy to try ...
Happy Father Day to you and the other fathers. (y)

SaU3Pybl.jpg

Happy selfish bastard Father's Day

...I got mine customed engraved with my name, QFF number instead of address and phone number so it will actually be a luggage tag - not a "collectible" per see.
Looks like it should stay fresh and unmarked for a while, with nobody going anywhere for the foreseeable...