Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Try it all. There are great examples from India, (Amrut, Paul John), France, New Zealand, Spain etc and yes Bourbon and Rye from American and Canada and whiskey from Ireland. Try splitting bottles with friends or get sample packs to keep the price down or hit up some tasting packs from SMWS, The Oak Barrel, destinationcellars, and whiskyandale to name a few. That way you will not get stuck with a bottle not to your liking.

Let's not forget closer to home: there are now as many distilleries in Tasmania as fleas on a dog's back. I have yet to try very many of them, as they tend to be expensive and come in small bottles. My favorite (so far) is Hellyer's Road peated whisky.

Also, lots of good things have been said about offerings from Japan, where they take their whiskies pretty seriously.

Let's not forget closer to home: there are now as many distilleries in Tasmania as fleas on a dog's back.

I can see Shene from my living room window and have a bottle of unfiltered Poltergeist gin in the cupboard.

7K is just up the road, haven't tried them yet.

Let's not forget closer to home: there are now as many distilleries in Tasmania as fleas on a dog's back. I have yet to try very many of them, as they tend to be expensive and come in small bottles. My favorite (so far) is Hellyer's Road peated whisky.

Also, lots of good things have been said about offerings from Japan, where they take their whiskies pretty seriously.

Try Old Kempton or head out to Fannys Bay. Nonesuch, McHenry, Adams, Overeem, Belgrove and if you have deeper pockets Heartwood. If your in Hobart you can hit a lot of these at the markets.

Totally agree, Australia produces some great whisky. I was gifted a tasting set from white possum a couple of years ago which is a great introduction to Aussie whisky
https://whitepossum.com.au/products/flight-of-the-possum-australian-whisky-tasting-set

My favorite beret the laulhère is rugby beret is hard to find these days so Ordered a backup. :LOL:

YmDqiQOPxfFfPsns0aV0uCbGUvHDC5fQy9uQBA9mc7ivANJ3gG0I-cpTckL8clYRtguJz9-c6SRgeZJIW5CvTD4X-zcwyMFnSLCYWr9ZyRYOGHN9zmqC89FcfBmM6HzEPU6QJhLS3oPpCuj-D3RmLog2RV5jUXwhSSp1=w365-h403

you guys know whiskey didn’t get better than Jameson right?

With all the negativity in th the news and media , plus the gloomy weather I need something tp brighten thigs up. My oother obsession is caps & berets. . This beauty is hand made , created from Molloy & Sons Donegal Tweed. Fully lined'

Last edited:
With all the negativity in th the news and media , plus the gloomy weather I need something tp brighten thigs up. My oother obsession is caps & anberets. . This beauty is hand made , created from Molloy & Sons Donegal Tweed. Fully lined'

I like your style @Nico (y)