February 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more February acquisitions.
If I test one blade until discarded in each razor, it should keep me busy for about 12 months
Still wont cure RAD though. Even a Wolfman doesn't cure RAD. The only known cure is a sabbatical and even that is temporary.
ecd6ck4.jpg
Nice haul!
Which Wilkies are those? I assume German but I have seen some different packaging and now I'm not sure.

Big Thank you to @miner

Not only did he sell me the PILS for a bargain $100 donation to CFS
He also included a tub of Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman a few extra blades
But guess my surprise when I unwrapped a Double Duck Golden Edge Straight

T/H

R9KbBNS.jpg

Big Thank you to @miner

Not only did he sell me the PILS for a bargain $100 donation to CFS
He also included a tub of Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman a few extra blades
But guess my surprise when I unwrapped a Double Duck Golden Edge Straight

T/H

R9KbBNS.jpg
:jawdrop: Nice score.(y)

This wee little thing showed up today. My first AC-style razor (first SE razor of any kind, actually) that I've purchased, though have borrowed a couple in the past.

vector.jpg
Have you tried the Colonial General? If so, how do they compare?

Have you tried the Colonial General? If so, how do they compare?

I have not; I have minimal experience with AC-style safety razors. I bought this based on overwhelmingly positive online reviews, my admiration for the way Shane of Blackland runs his business and the 30-day money back guarantee is a nice little insurance policy.

I had my first shave (using a Schick Proline blade) a couple hours after my delivery post above. Very promising, yet also not stellar results for my problem areas (above upper lip/mustache area and chin), meaning, not quite DFS after multiple buffing. Nonetheless, it was an extremely comfortable shave. Zero nicks, zero weepers, zero post shave burn. I attribute the iffy results in those areas to my need to get more use with thsi razor, learning the right amounts of pressure I can apply. The rest of my shaved areas were like glass after 2 passes, and remain so now, almost 10 hours later.

These from B&B. Brush is Vulfix Old Original Super Badger. Also got a Muhle bowl. Wish I had chosen one with a slightly bigger diameter but it'll do to learn how to lather with. Already I feel like soaps reign supreme over creams

B&B upgraded my parcel post to express for free. Legends!

OPvIxrQ.jpg

A lot happened in February - what about March?

Status
Not open for further replies.