Decided to get myself a new brush that I hope will be with me for many years

Just out of the box
01ec47ccecfabe751cb8c1372fd891aa36e4bebf1f_00002.jpg

After a 10 minute soak it bloomed out nicely
01a0540dd2b32bc98ef40683aa5f5c110c5f66a9c8_00004.jpg

On lathering
0113269909e0007b4a98f79cb996d8378fc4eda4f2_1.jpg

After a week of use I have found the brush to be a lather monster
The brush is a Silver Tip Badger and has a 25mm knot and a 60 mm loft ,that is quite dense and very soft on the face but has a nice amount of backbone.
The handle is a perspex globe that feel extremely comfortable in the hand and paints lather on the face effortlessly be it a bowl or face lather.
The only thing I need to get use to is to squeeze excess water out from close to the handle before I soap up, I'm hoping that over time it won't soak as much water as it is now.
So far i'm quite impressed with my first high quality purchase it is a step up from my other badger and a lot better than the cheap boar brush(now gone) I first bought which my German Shepard took a liking to.

Ditto!

Thanks for the great review and pictures!

I would find it very interesting, if you could compare the properties of the brush to other brushes you have tried, even if they have a different hair type (boar, horse, synths)?

The first brush I purchased was a LioJuny silver tip badger brush 24 knot 50 mm loft from China it was around $28A and for the price it is an excellent brush it did everything right had good backbone was soft on the face and lathered great but it took 5 weeks to ship to Aus.
So i purchased a cheap $14 Windsor pure boar bristle brush from the shaver shop,which was scratchy but firm I only got to use it 5 times before my brush from China arrived and it was so much better, that the boar was left on the bench until my dog decided to chomp on it.
I will now use the Liojuny brush for when I head back to sea as I said its a very good brush for the price I think I lose 1 hair a week from it so should be ok for a while .
I did read that he used to make Franks Shaving brushes from one of the forums so if anyone has used one of those should have a good idea what they are like.
Hope that helps Alfredus
On a side note it was between the Da Vinci and the Shave Mac
386-257 Silver Tip Badger 2-Band
I went with the Da Vinci on an article I read and because it was different than then the others

Wow! What a brush. Thanks for the review and sharing it with us. [emoji106]

Amazeballs. Totes jelly.

Great - thanks again for that!