Checking back in

Just 17 days and then...
2018 Sabbatical Fail
It's been some time since my last post. Good to see some old faces still here and some new faces too. My interest in wet shaving has waxed and waned over time but I am still a fan of single edge razors and mostly vintage.
That said, and what prompted me to post here again, I ordered a Blackland Sabre this morning about five years after I decided I wanted one. So I am excited for that to arrive and post a few SOTD pics with it and in the meantime maybe a few vintage SEs if I can remember how to post pics.

It's been some time since my last post. Good to see some old faces still here and some new faces too. My interest in wet shaving has waxed and waned over time but I am still a fan of single edge razors and mostly vintage.
That said, and what prompted me to post here again, I ordered a Blackland Sabre this morning about five years after I decided I wanted one. So I am excited for that to arrive and post a few SOTD pics with it and in the meantime maybe a few vintage SEs if I can remember how to post pics.

Welcome back!

Earlier this year, I ordered the Blackland blackbird, about 4 years after I initially wanted one, and it has become my most favorite shaver!

I hope the sabre is awesome for you!

...That said, and what prompted me to post here again, I ordered a Blackland Sabre this morning about five years after I decided I wanted one.
Welcome back, and good choice, the Sabre is a great razor, a perfect combination of form and function. (y) Which plate did you go for? I went with the herd and got the L2 plate and couldn't be happier.

Thanks, yeah I went for the L2 too I think the L1 would be too mild for me. I've heard lots of good reviews and it's great to have it confirmed. Now just a long wait for it to arrive.

Thanks, yeah I went for the L2 too I think the L1 would be too mild for me. I've heard lots of good reviews and it's great to have it confirmed. Now just a long wait for it to arrive.
I have a feeling that the L2 probably suits most people unless they have a need for a really mild razor. The L2 isn't aggressive at all, just efficient, and it's almost impossible to injure yourself with it unless you use paint stripper blades.

I have a feeling that the L2 probably suits most people unless they have a need for a really mild razor. The L2 isn't aggressive at all, just efficient, and it's almost impossible to injure yourself with it unless you use paint stripper blades.
Yes, I use the coated Gem PTFE blades. Like many I have found the first couple of shaves on a new blade can be quite rough and have taken to palm stropping before the first use, then the blade gives great shaves from the start. I wonder how many people have been put off Gem razors by using a fresh Gem PTFE, as you would, and having a suboptimal shave, especially in something like a Micromatic, when really these can be great long lasting blades.