Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Changeover Day (noun) - the day that a gentlemen wet shaver changes from autumn/winter to spring/summer scents and soaps and vice versa. Usually the Spring or Autumn equinox.

[Definition above added and two threads merged]

I seriously don't have a lot of software. I may have tried a lot but I've whittled it down to two drawers, one soaps and one post-shave, well sort of.

That is two drawers each "season", I have a Spring/Summer collection and and Autumn/Winter collection. Since I've just swapped them over tonight, Autumn/Winter soaps shown below -

I was curious if others did the same? Except of course for @todras who would need a shed for each four seasons of course! :)

Last edited:
So none of the 20 people who have viewed this thread or the 5 who have liked it are prepared to fess up that they do this as well?

I changed to a different soap last week does that count? No real reason I just wanted a change.

Been working on finishing the L'Occitane Cade for about a year and needed something different. Being on leave* was probably the trigger.

* Can you believe I booked annual leave back in December to be off now while all the isolation has been going in. Just as well I like being at home and have plenty to do.

My tastes change season to season but I don't put soaps away in summer or winter. I like the choices to be available.

How do you manage your stockpile @SpeedyPC ?

I am doing something crazy, unthinkable.

I am using only one tub of soap until it is done.

Done

1 Apr tub
1 lpl tub

Currently on mdc

Next.

A whole drawer full of stuff.

This is going to last me forever.

My tastes change season to season but I don't put soaps away in summer or winter. I like the choices to be available.

How do you manage your stockpile @SpeedyPC ?
Easy.... I keep them going around in a circle for each day or two and I’ve been using one tub each for four days now regardless of the season.... However, there are a few tubs have strong darker scents which is not recommended for summer unless the weather is cooler.

I stored all my soaps in order by business or company ownership name, not by the name of the soaps, that way I keep them going in a circle in order, I grab each tub regardless of the season unless is not a darker scent during summer season.

I’ve already sold 20 soaps last year in August to the local lodge, and the Masons enjoyed wet shaving. That way I can experience new soaps available on the market.

nah i just use whatever it is i feel like at the time.. i never really understood what makes software seasonal?

Some scents seem better suited to warmer/cooler months

I am doing something crazy, unthinkable.

Currently on mdc

This is going to last me forever.

MdC will - that is a lifetime right there!

So none of the 20 people who have viewed this thread or the 5 who have liked it are prepared to fess up that they do this as well?
I'm not as organised as I store all my soaps in a small cupboard but do try my best to stick to using soaps seasonally. Saying that I've already started to dig out the winter soaps as the temperatures start going down! They also happen to be some of my favourite scents, eg. Skye Fall, Winterfall, Fenchurch & Ozymandias :)