Black Feathers

I think I read somewhere that they're the same as the ones in the yellow packet, but that might be wrong.

I think I read somewhere that they're the same as the ones in the yellow packet, but that might be wrong.

dont see any reason for them to be different other than packaging. though, i do wonder at times, why different packaging for the same product?

I semi remembered reading something about these previously. The difference seems to be that the yellows are in boxes of 10 while the red / black box are in 5s. I saw these in southern Thailand a while ago, but as I didn't rate Feathers much (and only had carry on luggage) I didn't bother getting any.

Feather blades, what is the difference in yelow, red, black, etc packaging?

Thanks for the lonk Egg.

In the link they were discussing carbon blades for lab work I have seen a brochure at work with Feather blades listed in it for microtome, whatever that is, some pseudo-science biology crap I suspect.

Thanks for the lonk Egg.

In the link they were discussing carbon blades for lab work I have seen a brochure at work with Feather blades listed in it for microtome, whatever that is, some pseudo-science biology crap I suspect.

On the contrary, it involves the cutting of very thin slices of tissue for viewing under a microscope. Can't think of much that's more scientific than that. Any time somebody needs a biopsy done I'm sure the pseudo-scientific crappers in the laboratory would use a form of microtomy.

Last edited:
On the contrary, it involves the cutting of very thin slices of tissue for viewing under a microscope. Can't think of much that's more scientific than that. Any time somebody needs a biopsy done I'm sure the pseudo-scientific crappers in the laboratory would use a form of microtomy.

I did actually have a pretty good idea of what it is, but it still isn't real science like chemistry is ;)

I did actually have a pretty good idea of what it is, but it still isn't real science like chemistry is ;)

Cell biology isn't a science but chemistry is? What I always liked about chemistry is the fact that you can tell any world famous Nobel laureate chemist that whatever he was saying is a load bollocks 'cause he's never actually seen one atom react with another one. Not something you can level at cell biology particularly if you're good at microtomy. Don't get me wrong, chemistry is a very important scientific discipline and if you're serious about trying to understand any natural processes such as cell biology the very thing you need to understand is chemistry.

I'm sure patients waiting for the results of a biopsy would also disagree with you.

But physics is the king of sciences.

But physics is the king of sciences.

and the only science i ever passed in school :cheesy:

bombed chemistry, bombed introductory calculus, bombed pretty much everything else. until the marks came thru for physics. :eek:mg: