AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Holiday,

Manually Input Pitney Bowes as your carrier on I7

You will find the parcel (y)

Ebay is Pitney Bowes.

Thanks @rhodes96 that worked. Arrived in Darwin 2 days ago :)

2020-08-11 02:30
DARWINNT, DARWIN NT, ARRIVED AT PICKUP POINT

Good tip (y)(y)

I’m at a loss to understand why a small parcel from Victoria bound for Perth would be sent to NSW only to cross through or overfly Victoria AGAIN!
Details Date & time
Item processed at facility SYDNEY NSW. Tue 18 Aug • 8:18pm
In transit NEWPORT VIC. Mon 17 Aug • 6:16pm
Picked up from Sender SPOTSWOOD VIC. Mon 17 Aug • 10:41am
Shipping information approved by Australia Post. Mon 17 Aug • 9:39am

I’m at a loss to understand why a small parcel from Victoria bound for Perth would be sent to NSW only to cross through or overfly Victoria AGAIN!
Details Date & time
Item processed at facility SYDNEY NSW. Tue 18 Aug • 8:18pm
In transit NEWPORT VIC. Mon 17 Aug • 6:16pm
Picked up from Sender SPOTSWOOD VIC. Mon 17 Aug • 10:41am
Shipping information approved by Australia Post. Mon 17 Aug • 9:39am

I would say lack of direct flights from Vic to WA due to Covid-19.

Back in the '90s, when I was living in Perth (6000), I once had a letter from Leederville that arrived with postmarks from Adelaide, Darwin and Meekatharra. A round trip that took over 3 months to cover a net distance of about 5km. :rolleyes:

Just venting here: received a much anticipated parcel today from UPS via Startrack (new RAM for upcoming PC build, cost ~$550 and is extremely rare) only to shake the box and realise that there was nothing inside except bubble wrap. Flip it over and see that Newegg didn't tape the bottom closed, so some bastard has cleverly pulled the cardboard tab open, taken my RAM, closed it up and sent it on its merry way again. Called up Startrack within half an hour of delivery, and they tell me to contact UPS. UPS don't have a claim option for "cunt opened parcel, stole contents and sent it onwards" so I'm trying to lodge a "damaged" claim now. Given that it's gone through so many hands, who knows when or where this happened.

Lodging a claim with the retailer too, but that'll take days. Fingers crossed that they look after me when I send them pictures of the unsecured box, but fuck me dead. There goes most of my Charity Auction money replacing this. Raging hard right now. :mad::mad::mad:

Just venting here: received a much anticipated parcel today from UPS via Startrack (new RAM for upcoming PC build, cost ~$550 and is extremely rare) only to shake the box and realise that there was nothing inside except bubble wrap. Flip it over and see that Newegg didn't tape the bottom closed, so some bastard has cleverly pulled the cardboard tab open, taken my RAM, closed it up and sent it on its merry way again. Called up Startrack within half an hour of delivery, and they tell me to contact UPS. UPS don't have a claim option for "cunt opened parcel, stole contents and sent it onwards" so I'm trying to lodge a "damaged" claim now. Given that it's gone through so many hands, who knows when or where this happened.

Lodging a claim with the retailer too, but that'll take days. Fingers crossed that they look after me when I send them pictures of the unsecured box, but fuck me dead. There goes most of my Charity Auction money replacing this. Raging hard right now. :mad::mad::mad:

Did you Pay by PayPal?

Did you Pay by PayPal?

No, I should have but they already had my card on file so I paid Newegg directly. A lesson for the future.

However, I'm hoping that this means that Newegg will do the right thing (having fucked up by shipping it without taping all openings) and replace the item. I also hope it doesn't sell out before they work it out, because they're pretty much the only retailer on earth with this still in stock (Samsung b-die RAM). But seriously, why wouldn't you tape the cardboard seam that holds the box together? All of this because they didn't add another six inches of tape. Gah.

It's also unfortunate for Startrack, who are responsible for 100% of my lost/damaged/stolen orders. It is always them.

No, I should have but they already had my card on file so I paid Newegg directly. A lesson for the future.

However, I'm hoping that this means that Newegg will do the right thing (having fucked up by shipping it without taping all openings) and replace the item. I also hope it doesn't sell out before they work it out, because they're pretty much the only retailer on earth with this still in stock (Samsung b-die RAM). But seriously, why wouldn't you tape the cardboard seam that holds the box together? All of this because they didn't add another six inches of tape. Gah.

It's also unfortunate for Startrack, who are responsible for 100% of my lost/damaged/stolen orders. It is always them.

This is an ugly situation. From your description, potentially a blame game for the item missing.

Take pictures do not open the box if possible, weigh the box.

Did you purchase from Newegg Australian site or US? If Australian, you will have more luck with CC charge back. Be prepared to initiate quickly if you don't get the response your after.

Aus Post(Startrack) only insure items up to $100 unless under certain special circumstances or you have paid extra insurance, show Auspost was neglegent for the loss or damage.

Also remember, customs and customs clearance agents also open items from time to time to check and repackage.

I agree mate, I'm kinda prepared to eat the cost even though that sucks. I've filed claims with AusPost, UPS and Newegg this arvo within 2 hours of item being delivered. Took plenty of pictures, but had to open the box to confirm that there was nothing inside. Fortunately, I could open the section that they forgot to tape closed so the labels sealing the top are all intact. Plenty of photos to show the state of everything, so we'll see. Despite coming via UPS/Startrack, the shipping plan was "World EggSaver Standard" so hopefully they take responsibility. I have reiterated that it wasn't sealed by the retailer repeatedly, so I hope that makes a difference because I think it's their fault.

Complicating the situation is that all parcels in VIC are getting left unattended at the moment, but I don't know whether this is due to delivery people forging signatures or if we're all just pretending that sign on delivery doesn't exist. It was supposed to be signed for or taken to a post office, but how do you prove that the squiggle on the reader was done by a driver and not you? Plus, it's come from the US so it could have gone missing anytime between Newegg and here.

In the hands of the shipping gods now.

I agree mate, I'm kinda prepared to eat the cost even though that sucks. I've filed claims with AusPost, UPS and Newegg this arvo within 2 hours of item being delivered. Took plenty of pictures, but had to open the box to confirm that there was nothing inside.
Good luck: you'll need it. Newegg (assuming they packed the goods in the first place) will most likely give you the runaround, since their insurance won't cover an unsealed package. The carriers will just play a blame game.

Your best bet would be to take it up with your credit card company. Here's Visa policy:

Visa cardholders can benefit from the security and safety offered through Visa Purchase Protection. If something you bought with your card is damaged or stolen within 180 days of purchase, you are protected. ... Purchase registration is not required to be eligible for this coverage.

Took 6 days to get from the Pickup Point supposedly in Darwin to my parcel collect but eventually arrived
giphy.gif

Good luck: you'll need it. Newegg (assuming they packed the goods in the first place) will most likely give you the runaround, since their insurance won't cover an unsealed package. The carriers will just play a blame game.

Your best bet would be to take it up with your credit card company. Here's Visa policy:

Visa cardholders can benefit from the security and safety offered through Visa Purchase Protection. If something you bought with your card is damaged or stolen within 180 days of purchase, you are protected. ... Purchase registration is not required to be eligible for this coverage.

Thanks for this, I will contact Visa today. Looks like it might be my best shot. Given that I can prove that the retailer failed to pack the goods correctly, I think when Newegg contacts me I'll indicate that I'm going to go the Visa chargeback route and see if this compels them to replace it for me.

Mong did you get your delivery from Pureman?

It's been shipped, still in QLD. Expected delivery is next Monday at the soonest. How bout you mate, new Simmo's arrived yet?

Thanks for this, I will contact Visa today. Looks like it might be my best shot. Given that I can prove that the retailer failed to pack the goods correctly, I think when Newegg contacts me I'll indicate that I'm going to go the Visa chargeback route and see if this compels them to replace it for me.

It's been shipped, still in QLD. Expected delivery is next Monday at the soonest. How bout you mate, new Simmo's arrived yet?

Stuck at Redbank processing centre. :mad::mad:

Everytime:mad::mad:

Mine too! At least they have a buddy.

Newegg have already gotten onto my claim, and seems like the customer service agent has recommended a refund. She even included that I'm welcome to re-order the same item if I'd like, as they can't replace international orders. Amazing, the price is up $50 from when I ordered it too. Don't think I'll be doing that. We'll see how they go in the next couple days, I got the chargeback form from ING filled out and ready to go.

Newegg have already gotten onto my claim, and seems like the customer service agent has recommended a refund. She even included that I'm welcome to re-order the same item if I'd like, as they can't replace international orders. Amazing, the price is up $50 from when I ordered it too. Don't think I'll be doing that. We'll see how they go in the next couple days, I got the chargeback form from ING filled out and ready to go.

At least a positive result, minimal headaches

Just got home.
Guess what arrived besides rracking still showing At Redbank ?

So cute the little Duke 1. :)

Thanks Mong for the find.(y)

Nice combo, glad you scored some good loot! Got a Duke 1 on the way myself from the Isle of Man, it'll be the final piece of my Simpson set.

Will be interested to see the bloom on both of these, my Duke 2 in best is pretty compact and that gives it pretty good backbone for a soft badger.